Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2019-05-28, 23:41)irond13 Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 04:01)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-04-12, 19:21)onoakino Wrote: OMG is this true? I'm shocked that xiaomi would actually do that and cripple this device. I don't have an AVR either but I will purchase one once my finances permit me, so those audio features are so important for me to stay on mb3 on every firmware iteration. If the last updated really nuked DtS-HD MA audio passthrough and Dolby TrueHD, I'm staying with 2550.

I hope someone with an avr can confirm that those features are indeed removed on the latest firmware update.  

They have not nuked anything HD audio related, using very latest FW update - v2562.
2016 Mi Box - HD audio still works for me and is selectable in Kodi Leia with my Yamaha AVR. (2018 Mi Box S has no Kodi HD audio output support)

Suggest - in Kodi Leia Audio Settings - Expert mode - down bottom - Reset above settings to Default. Then exit Kodi and reboot the Mi Box.

- and then only select the Passthru Kodi audio options required.
(2019-04-12, 18:44)Oibaf Wrote: I do not have a AVR, but with the last update of Mi box 3 in kodi there is not anymore the option to select Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA audio passthrough.

Well that is your problem right there in a nutshell - does your TV support 7.1 HD audio via HDMI 2.0, I doubt it does ?

TV's / AVR's/Soundbars should always be ON before starting Kodi too, so Kodi Leia can grab audio outputs capabilities from HDMI connected devices.  

I seem to have actually hit this issue in one of the recent updates. I no longer see the TrueHD or DTS-HD options in the Kodi audio settings (expert mode).

My Mibox 3 (not S) is connected to an Atmos soundbar and could previously pass through bitstreamed TrueHD Atmos (my Xbox One still can).

If the following is to be believed, maybe Xiaomi did follow through on their promise: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...t_was_the/

My Kodi log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/odicimusoy.kodi

It is still working for me, but I didn't have any update this month.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by Konst - 2019-05-28, 23:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21