• 189(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2019-06-19, 17:00)sesquatsch Wrote: I just purchased the mi box s in the hope to play (passthrough to reciever) DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD ... is there any way to achieve this with custom firmware/ software downgrade or some other way?

Not currently.

Return it.  Passthrough is broken due to missing Android patches that they've included in prior hardware variants.  When this was brought up with Xiaomi on their official support facebook page they altered their web site to exclude the feature and then broadcasted that they would be removing the feature from the working prior variant.
(2019-06-19, 17:00)sesquatsch Wrote: I just purchased the mi box s in the hope to play (passthrough to reciever) DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD ... is there any way to achieve this with custom firmware/ software downgrade or some other way?

Downgrade in mi box S for passthrough HD audio?
Never work in mi box S.
I have no details and I'm not sure it really works either. I'm just sharing something I've seen in the internet ...

"For those of you who are interested, here’s a tip on the command line to manage the passthrough on the Mi Box S:

Enable developer options

adb connect <IP Mi box>: 5555
adb shell settings put global digital_sound 1
adb shell settings put global encoded_surround_output 2

encoded_surround_output 0 = auto (random behavior)
encoded_surround_output 1 = pcm
encoded_surround_output 2 = always

I recommend option 2 (always)"

SOURCE:
https://forums.plex.tv/t/xplay-android/211173/526
(2019-06-19, 17:00)sesquatsch Wrote: I just purchased the mi box s in the hope to play (passthrough to receiver) DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD ... is there any way to achieve this with custom firmware/ software downgrade or some other way?

AMLogic Android devices running Oreo v8.1 or greater no longer has IEC61937 Kodi HD audio passthrough support in Firmware.
No idea why it was taken out.

The Nvidia Shield or the 2016 Mi Box (model MDZ-16-AB) still has IEC61937 support.

Thanks for all the answers Smile Will return this box and look at either the older mi box or the shield.
(2019-06-17, 07:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Xiaomi is still doing bug fixing testing it seems...

The big one is there are no longer any DD+ audio dropouts when using 5.1 audio passthrough with Netflix and Kodi Apps.
quote with last OTA firmware 2573 DD+ work very well,
after 3 year  mi box it's perfect cheap box for "smart tv" and local playback..... 

LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I'm still on 2550. If I upgrade to 2573, what functionalities will my MiBox3 lose, if any?
(2019-06-21, 17:39)onoakino Wrote: I'm still on 2550. If I upgrade to 2573, what functionalities will my MiBox3 lose, if any?

why do you lose functionalities ??!?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Cause devs, wrote that they will remove the HD audio support. I'm afraid too, they can drop IEC61937 support.
Exactly. One of these days they might just delete a code/s on one of the updates and it might be the kill switch for the HD audio. @wrxtasy if I may ask, are the HD audio options still there after you upgraded to 2573 (at the time of this writing)?
(2019-06-23, 11:04)onoakino Wrote: Exactly. One of these days they might just delete a code/s on one of the updates and it might be the kill switch for the HD audio. @wrxtasy if I may ask, are the HD audio options still there after you upgraded to 2573 (at the time of this writing)?

Yes they are still there with the recent 2573 FW update on the 2016 Mi Box.

Thank you for the quick response. I'll download the update and install later tonight. BTW, if for whatever reason I would want to rollback to 2550 after the upgrade, it is still possible via manual recovery update, correct?
I mean we can stilk go back to 2550 by downloading the update zip and installing it through the recovery?
(2019-06-20, 04:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-06-19, 17:00)sesquatsch Wrote: I just purchased the mi box s in the hope to play (passthrough to receiver) DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD ... is there any way to achieve this with custom firmware/ software downgrade or some other way?

AMLogic Android devices running Oreo v8.1 or greater no longer has IEC61937 Kodi HD audio passthrough support in Firmware.

The Nvidia Shield or the 2016 Mi Box (model MDZ-16-AB) still has IEC61937 support. 

So, a possible 8.1 upgrade for 2016 Mi Box will eventually 'break' the passthrough?
(2019-06-24, 12:06)nikos_a Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 04:41)wrxtasy Wrote:

So, a possible 8.1 upgrade for 2016 Mi Box will eventually 'break' the passthrough? 
Yes - in fact the developers on their Facebook page basically said that they weren't aware it was working on the 2016 mi box, and that they intended to remove it (citing a license problem).

This was when they changed all of the product documentation for the mi box S to remove mention of DTSHD or TrueHD, and now have a generic "dolby digital" mention.

This company plans to break your 2016 boxes, and lied about their current ones - boycott.
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21