• 193(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
I imagine there won't be a pie update for the 1st generation mi box....
CONFIRMED! MDZ-16-AB will also receive the Android TV Pie 9.

Still no HD audio support for the S model.

Such garbage.
Anybody know if this does youtube in HDR?
I tested the 2016 Mi Box (Oreo) last week, so “S” will be the same. And it does 4K HDR YouTube when using the SmartYouTube App.

A premium Netflix subscription will also give you 4K HDR on some titles with Atmos audio. Smile

(2019-11-12, 01:05)wrxtasy Wrote: I tested the 2016 Mi Box (Oreo) last week, so “S” will be the same. And it does 4K HDR YouTube when using the SmartYouTube App.

A premium Netflix subscription will also give you 4K HDR on some titles with Atmos audio. Smile

Wow that is certainly interesting.. and to think shield being the premium android tv box doesn’t have hdr youtube. Does this have something to do with the SoC mibox uses, @wrxtasy?

And apologies for taking this thread on a non Kodi tangent
(2019-11-12, 02:23)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2019-11-12, 01:05)wrxtasy Wrote: I tested the 2016 Mi Box (Oreo) last week, so “S” will be the same. And it does 4K HDR YouTube when using the SmartYouTube App.

Wow that is certainly interesting.. and to think shield being the premium android tv box doesn’t have hdr youtube. Does this have something to do with theSoCuses,@wrxtasy?

And apologies for taking this thread on a non Kodi tangent

Even the approx 3.5 years old AML HDR capable chipsets like the S905D, S905X(Mi Boxes) and S912 have ARM Mali GPU’s that supported HW decoding of Google’s royalty free VP9 Profile 2 codec.

That codec is used for encoding 4K HDR YouTube content.

The Maxwell GPU in ALL Shields is 2014 designed tech which obviously missed out in it’s engineering design timing schedule to include support for VP9 p2 HW decoding.

(2019-11-02, 06:00)DoctorBR Wrote: Android TV Pie 9 BETA 2205 released for MDZ-22-AB

It is probably possible to have 5.1 audio from Netflix with any home theater:

Please, could any beta user test if it's possible to obtain Dolby Digital 5.1 audio through the optical toslink cable? Thanks!
I mean, not using KODI, just using Netflix or Prime Video official apps ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(2019-11-14, 18:26)Koryand'R Wrote: I mean, not using KODI, just using Netflix or Prime Video official apps ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Something new regarding Pie for MiBox?
(auto) Refresh Rate tool work with mi box?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2019-12-08, 19:49)looun Wrote: (auto) Refresh Rate tool work with mi box?
Requires SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.0 (Android P), taken from your link. doubt another manufacturer would work on the competition hardware.
(2019-12-08, 22:43)PatK Wrote:
(2019-12-08, 19:49)looun Wrote: (auto) Refresh Rate tool work with mi box?
Requires SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.0 (Android P), taken from your link. doubt another manufacturer would work on the competition hardware. 
nope...read better

Q: I'm on Android O can i install it? A: Yes, first install http://bytearray.mobi/refresh_rate_permi..._3.x.x.apk, after that install refresh_rate_3.x.x.apk on top of it (update).

Stable: http://bytearray.mobi/refresh_rate_3.3.0.apk
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2019-12-08, 22:57)looun Wrote: nope...read better
Your question: and did it work?
Good day everyone
Please could someone assist me ?
I had an x96 mini that refused to play 4k on kodi. The best I could get was HD. Nothing in white list or res.
I was then told go and get a Xiaomi Mibox S.
I did so.
I have the LG 55SK7900PVB with ultra enabled in settings.
I connected the mibox and loaded up the kodi app.
Again stuck with a max res of 1920x1080p
I'm asking dor help please.
I used the hdmi cable in the box and tried all sorts in tv.
Nothing helped.
As I said I am using the canker that came with it , have enabled settings in TV to display deep colour HDMI
I have enabled the settings on the mibox to display 4k/2k but kodi refuses to allow it or show me these settings.
Please could someone assist me?
Very frustrating
Thanks ImageImageImage
  • 193(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21