• 195(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2020-01-08, 12:28)otava5 Wrote: now the final upgrade on android 9 with OTA
Did the upgrade and now i have no sound at all, i chose SPDIF or PCM and i get nothing, neither to TV nor to my amplifier (via toslink)....
(2020-01-08, 16:36)vitocorl Wrote:
Did the upgrade and now i have no sound at all, i chose SPDIF or PCM and i get nothing, neither to TV nor to my amplifier (via toslink).... 
Where did you get the upgrade?  I am running build PI.2231 on my Mibox S.
(2020-01-08, 18:25)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 16:36)vitocorl Wrote:

It came OTA, i checked through the settings menu and it was available... By the way, the sound problem is fixed, i removed power for 4-5 minutes, restarted and it was working again.
(2020-01-08, 18:43)vitocorl Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 18:25)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 16:36)vitocorl Wrote: Did the upgrade and now i have no sound at all, i chose SPDIF or PCM and i get nothing, neither to TV nor to my amplifier (via toslink)....   

It came OTA, i checked through the settings menu and it was available... By the way, the sound problem is fixed, i removed power for 4-5 minutes, restarted and it was working again. 

Were you running the beta version?
(2020-01-08, 18:48)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 18:43)vitocorl Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 18:25)clarkss12 Wrote: Where did you get the upgrade?  I am running build PI.2231 on my Mibox S.   

No, i was not, i read in another forum that the stable is out, checked through the settings of MiBox S and it was indeed out
(2020-01-09, 07:40)vitocorl Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 18:48)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 18:43)vitocorl Wrote: It came OTA, i checked through the settings menu and it was available... By the way, the sound problem is fixed, i removed power for 4-5 minutes, restarted and it was working again.  

No, i was not, i read in another forum that the stable is out, checked through the settings of MiBox S and it was indeed out 
Thanks,  I found the supposedly "Pie" final and installed it.  It has the same build number as the beta 3, and has same issue with stuttering of live TV.  One one of the forums, they quoted an email they received from Xiaomi USA and said the final has NOT been released yet...... So, I do not know what I have installed on my Mibox S.
Greetings from Brazil 

I am facing a pretty annoying problem: on my Mi Box S some of the videos (almost 50% of them) keep stop playing and a message saying "Slow connection to play/stream" shows up error every other minute or so! I can't even use it anymore. The problem does not happen on my Smartphone neither on my Shield TV.

I have several devices running Kodi
  •   Smartphone OnePlus 7 PRO with Android 10 and Kodi 18.5
  •   Shield TV 2017 with Android 9 and Kodi 18.5
  •   Amazon Fire Stick 4K with Kodi 18.5
  •   Mi Box S with Android 9 (installed via OTA yesterday) and Kodi 18.5 as well

All devices are connected to the same Asus ROG Rapture Router. The smartphone, the Mi Box S and the Amazon Fire Stick 4K are connect wirelessly AC 5 GHz whereas the Shield TV is connect via a ethernet cat7 cable to one of the ethernet ports in the router. The router is connected to the ISP ONT. Currently I've got 300mbps down 150mbps up connection to the internet. All my content is stored in GDrive and I am streaming it from there.

The tests have been done with the devices really closed to the router. I have confirmed on the router app that the devices were connected on the AC 5GHz network.

Here are the logs (I had to break down in 2 due to its size):
  I had the problem playing the following movies (media info for each one of them can be found on the following link): 
  I was able to play the following movies just fine:
  I used to have the same problem in my NVidia Shield TV, fortunately it has been resolved on Kodi 18.4. Please find a log file that shows the results of playing the same movie on Shield TV without any problem: https://paste.kodi.tv/axuvogativ.kodi 

What can I do to make the problem on Mi Box S go away?! 

Thanks
Gilson
kodi auto refresh still not working with Mi Box S?
Any news on Android TV 9.0 (Pie) OTA firmware rollout for the first-generation Xiami Mi Box (2016 model)?

That is, Android TV 9.0 (Pie) for first Xiami Mi Box originally released in 2016 which came before Xiami Mi Box S (2018 model "S")?

If not, are there downloads available of Android TV 9.0 (Pie) for first-gen Xiami Mi Box (2016 model)?
(2020-01-09, 19:13)gilsonsjc Wrote:  
What can I do to make the problem on Mi Box S go away?! 

I've never been able to have decent video playback with the Mi Box S when it was using wifi. Sure it worked fine when I rebooted the box but the longer it was up the worse the wifi connection would get even though it's like 2 meters away from the router. I think as soon as the mi box drops to a lower wifi speed to ensure a reliable connection it never gets back up to the full speed. I solved it by buying a Ugreen gigabit ethernet otg dongle and disable the wifi, it's been rock solid since.
(2020-01-22, 09:58)drake7707 Wrote:
(2020-01-09, 19:13)gilsonsjc Wrote: What can I do to make the problem on Mi Box S go away?! 

Ugreen gigabit ethernet otg dongle  
I am not sure if that is the case here, since I've had the same problem with my NVidia Shield which is connected to the gigabit network using an ethernet cable. It was solved on Kodi 18.4.

I installed the Kodi 18.0 on the Mi Box S and the problem does not happen anymore.

Anyway, can you share the link to that dongle? Thanks.
I have cutted sound from time to time since android 9 update on the mi box S when playing FLAC files with KODI 18.5. Curiously i had the same problem with the old mi box when it was updated from android 6 to 8.

I have the mi box S exclusively for movies and FLAC files, and it is extremely annoying to listen to the music with cutted sound every few minutes.
What's the current status of these things? Are people still recommendeding the S? I am curious about using one just hooked up to a tv with tv speakers.

A couple questions.

1. I understand it can bitstream lossy DD/DTS?

2. Does it have full drm for Netflix and prime? ie, 4k HDR capable?

Seems like things have changed with various updates so hard to discern where things stand just jumping in.
Was there some known issue that Mi Box (oldie one) does not always change the resolution and refresh rate correctly? Every now and then (usually once a day at least) I have to restart Kodi so that I get autorefresh rate working again. Otherwise the box just outputs to TV whatever is the resolution in the mi box android settings e.g 720p60 or whatnot when the actual video is 1080p24 ---> stuttering cos of the 3:2 pulldown. After restart I get "normal" 2160p24.
I remember that there was talk about that mi box will force upscale stuff to 4K, which is kinda a shame...
(2020-02-21, 08:21)Guilles Wrote: Was there some known issue that Mi Box (oldie one) does not always change the resolution and refresh rate correctly?

@Guilles, there is no problem with refresh rate ... you probably only need to configure exactly as shown in this video, but leave the video resolution on the Mi Box at 4k2k-60Hz if your TV is 4K:

• 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21