Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2020-05-01, 17:09)viplob Wrote: I just acquired an original mi box 3(not S) and am testing out its capabilities. Connection is mi box -> (hdmi in)yamaha yas-107 soundbar-> (hdmi arc)TV (LG 55uj6300). So far I have:
1) 4k hdr playback (24 and 60 fps) using kodi with both 5.1 pcm (for HD audio) and DD and DTS passthrough and frame rate switching.  My soundbar is only DD and DTS capable. Trying to play a HLG stream messes it up to where I need a reboot. Is this normal?
2) netflix 4k hdr playback (from the app and casting)
3) youtube HDR via casting but not through the smart youtube wrapper. Do I need any special settings for the smart youtube app? I am using the latest stable release.
4) google play movies cannot do 4k hdr. Is there any way around this?

Still need to try out the amazon prime app, but compared to what I get through the built-in apps on my LG webos TV the only advantage I see is HD audio passthrough/decode to the soundbar which obviously can't be carried over ARC. Although the TV does convert 5.1 DD+ (from netflix and amazon) to HD and sends it over ARC to the soundbar.  The mi box won't do that (since soundbar is not DD+ capable

Ok figured out the smart youtube issue. needed to pick the stream through the quality setting during playback.  Started using the highest quality after that.  Purchased videos still won't play and casting doesn't pick the hdr version.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by viplob - 2020-05-01, 18:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21