Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2020-06-07, 15:51)p750mmx Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 07:22)Guilles Wrote: I am trying to troubleshoot my 5Ghz wifi connection and Mi box (2016 model). Could someone remind me what is roughly the maximum speed I should be able to transfer stuff in LAN with Mi Box and 5Ghz Wifi?
Atm I am not really getting much more then 50Mbs (6ish MB/s). I recall faintly that somewhere around in the Oreo update-fiasco Wifi was capped at 60Mbs but wasn't that fixed?
Was there some magical wifi channel setting for Mi Box?
So this is a pre Mi Box S model? https://www.mi.com/global/mibox/#specs

If yes, it's supports Wifi AC and should get speeds way above 100Mbit, if your wifi server (router/modem) would give the Mi a decent Wifi signal. Does it, do you have a decent 5Ghz/AC wifi signal?
I use a Tri-band router that gives the Mi speeds above 100Mbit (~130-2xxMbit << depending on the distance from my router), when using it on the same floor as my router (hallway > living room).

You could use Analiti and check the wifi channels that give the best connection in your situation.
I suppose I will check that Analiti thingy. I do not have top of the line router but all other 5Ghz devices get over 100Mbs connections with it, except Mi Box (yes the non-S model) which is about 4 meters from the router at the same room. 867Mbs is the theoretical speed my router is capable of. Unfortunately my Philips TV only accepts thin line of channels in 5Ghz network so I am a bit limited which channels to use.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by Guilles - 2020-06-07, 16:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21