• 207(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2021-01-14, 01:47)mutagen Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 21:02)The Brain Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 20:14)mutagen Wrote: I have not had any problems with streaming apps or kodi, the only problem I have is that when I put Mi Box to sleep and when I wake up the Box there is no audio, I have to restart the box to gain audio back
So don't put it in sleep mode.
guess you can do that if you do not need to put the box to sleep
And why would someone NEED to?
After the update I have the bug of not waking up the device after some time. I deactivated the HDMI CEC and now it wakes up, but after some time pases, there is no audio in video apps or it just doesn't play, the videos stay on pause. I have to always restart, which is a pain in the arse.
There is a method of downgrading the device to Oreo on XDA. However, I tried it, but doesn't seem to work for me, dunno why. It just doesn't flash the device, although I followed the tutorial very carefully.
Did anyone managed to downgrade?
I can confirm the "no sound after waking up" bug with latest update. Xiaomi's programmers are a bunch of useless fucking idiots.
Hi,

I'm quite new to Kodi and found after some research, that the "Mi Box" best fits my needs. I ordered one and then found this info of the broken latest update.

What should I do to install the lastest, working update (if it is not installed already). Btw. which is the latest update? There is the 5th November mentioned in the first post and then there is the firmware archive with the latest enty from 2018-06-26. I guess I can't just choose which update to install from the settings menu?!

Thanks and sorry for the newbish questions!

Alex
(2021-01-15, 09:58)ectorhga Wrote: Hi,

I'm quite new to Kodi and found after some research, that the "Mi Box" best fits my needs. I ordered one and then found this info of the broken latest update.

What should I do to install the lastest, working update (if it is not installed already). Btw. which is the latest update? There is the 5th November mentioned in the first post and then there is the firmware archive with the latest enty from 2018-06-26. I guess I can't just choose which update to install from the settings menu?!

Alex

You can NOT choose what update to install. Only the latest will be available. Like any android phone. Just ignore the the update available notification.
(2021-01-15, 20:58)fede01_8 Wrote:
(2021-01-15, 09:58)ectorhga Wrote: Hi,

Alex

You can NOT choose what update to install. Only the latest will be available. Like any android phone. Just ignore the the update available notification.
Thanks for the reply! I checked the box (it came today, yay!) and it seems everything is in order. Right now, I'm learing the ins and outs, but it seems I will get everything to work eventually. The only thing seems to be the bad WIFI Sad I'm not able to stream FullHD videos fluently o_O 
But I ordered an antenna (as suggested) and I will try this first. But since I'm a big fan of wired connections I will probably look into buying a LAN adaptor at some point...
Did they pull the update? I ignored the update at first, now it says there's now new update. I'm still on android version 8.0.0
(2021-01-27, 20:58)SWADED Wrote: Did they pull the update? I ignored the update at first, now it says there's now new update. I'm still on android version 8.0.0

Still available, but there may be some geolocation blocking.

https://web.facebook.com/docbr.me/posts/...8035859411
New v9 update also killed the bluetooth ear bud Audio quality.
Lots of crackling noise with BT ear buds.
Hi all,

I bought Mi Box S with Pie 9 recently and as I understand there is no more support for TrueHD passthrough in Kodi. Is downgrading to Oreo a viable option for reclaiming TrueHD in Kodi?

DD+ with Atmos passthrough is working fine in Kodi though. But when I have TrueHD+Atmos file, it doesn't support it and switching to AC3, without Atmos, if I play DD+ with Atmos, I get Atmos on my Sammy N850 soundbar.

Additionally, I managed to get Netflix working with DD+ Atmos if I play it through Kodi, but whatever I do/try/set I can't get Atmos directly on my Netflix app. Is it because Netflix doesn't support Atmos passthrough, only native? Any remedy here?

Hope someone can clarify this! Smile
(2021-02-04, 13:46)Kunjila Wrote: Hi all,

I bought Mi Box S with Pie 9 recently and as I understand there is no more support for TrueHD passthrough in Kodi. Is downgrading to Oreo a viable option for reclaiming TrueHD in Kodi?

DD+ with Atmos passthrough is working fine in Kodi though. But when I have TrueHD+Atmos file, it doesn't support it and switching to AC3, without Atmos, if I play DD+ with Atmos, I get Atmos on my Sammy N850 soundbar.

Additionally, I managed to get Netflix working with DD+ Atmos if I play it through Kodi, but whatever I do/try/set I can't get Atmos directly on my Netflix app. Is it because Netflix doesn't support Atmos passthrough, only native? Any remedy here?

Someone down graded their Mi Box bk to Oreo.

How to downgrade to Oreo

If i'm not mistaken MiBox S version never had TrueHD passthrough, so downgrading won't help you.
(2021-02-04, 19:14)SWADED Wrote:

If i'm not mistaken MiBox S version never had TrueHD passthrough, so downgrading won't help you.

I think you might be correct! What a shame ... good thing I live in Norway, I can always return the product in 60 days from purchase, no questions asked. I might as well get me self NVIDIA Shield

And what about Netflix? Someone had any luck getting Atmos out of it?
I just installed Kodi 19 (matrix) and noticed that 7.1 (and atmos) audio doesn't passthrough correctly anymore. It outputs as 2.0 PCM for some reason. Tried the RAW and whatnot IEC options from the audio settings. DD and DD+ works normally. DTS i did not try. In 18.9 everything worked.
I have the old 2016 non-S mi box with Oreo.

Has anyone else tried Matrix and 7.1/atmos audio yet?
(2017-04-06, 06:08)wrxtasy Wrote:
Quote:I just received this message because I have an a outstanding refund request.
Greetings! I understand your concern and I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. I would like to inform you that we are rolling out a new update on 7th April. You can install that and update and check, whenever you receive it. Please get in touch with us if you need any further assistance. Regards, Anant Xiaomi Customer Support

http://en.miui.com/thread-428000-17-1.html

I have just bought a Xiaomi MI Box S and I also have this red light coming out of the Audio opening at the back, when the MI Box S is switched off.
The red light keeps on changing from bright to weak and to off and on again al the time.
What is this MI Box S doing when it is switched off?

A second problem I have is that since I installed this MI Box S my Gigaset house phone does not show the weather info anymore after finishing a call.
When I take the current of the MI Box S, then my Gigaset House Phone shows the weather again. Why is this happening?
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21