• 208(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2021-03-01, 13:56)gijs-me10 Wrote: A second problem I have is that since I installed this MI Box S my Gigaset house phone does not show the weather info anymore after finishing a call.
When I take the current of the MI Box S, then my Gigaset House Phone shows the weather again. Why is this happening?

You are quoting a post with a link from 2017... Why?

Also, please don't come to our forum wasting our time for BS problems. This is not the Gigaset support forum.
(2021-03-01, 14:03)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 13:56)gijs-me10 Wrote: A second problem I have is that since I installed this MI Box S my Gigaset house phone does not show the weather info anymore after finishing a call.
When I take the current of the MI Box S, then my Gigaset House Phone shows the weather again. Why is this happening?

You are quoting a post with a link from 2017... Why?

Also, please don't come to our forum wasting our time for BS problems. This is not the Gigaset support forum.

Thanks for your unfriendly reply!
My first question was about the following matter, maybe someone is so kind to respond to it friendly.

I have just bought a Xiaomi MI Box S and I also have this red light coming out of the Audio opening at the back, when the MI Box S is switched off.
The red light keeps on changing from bright to weak and to off and on again all the time.
What is this MI Box S doing when it is switched off?
(2021-03-02, 11:30)gijs-me10 Wrote: My first question was about the following matter, maybe someone is so kind to respond to it friendly.

I have just bought a Xiaomi MI Box S and I also have this red light coming out of the Audio opening at the back, when the MI Box S is switched off.
The red light keeps on changing from bright to weak and to off and on again all the time.
What is this MI Box S doing when it is switched off?

Any device that can be turned on via remote control or other remote means, is not fully turned off by such software command; it is only in "Standby" mode waiting for a command to turn it on. In that state various leds/lights can do various things that don't mean anything, except that it's in standby mode.
(2021-02-26, 14:04)Guilles Wrote: I just installed Kodi 19 (matrix) and noticed that 7.1 (and atmos) audio doesn't passthrough correctly anymore. It outputs as 2.0 PCM for some reason. Tried the RAW and whatnot IEC options from the audio settings. DD and DD+ works normally. DTS i did not try. In 18.9 everything worked.
I have the old 2016 non-S mi box with Oreo.

Has anyone else tried Matrix and 7.1/atmos audio yet?
Option "TrueHD capable receiver" is missing from Kodi Audio settings in Matrix. I suppose it was there still in 18.9.
"DTS-HD capable receiver" option can be still found in Matrix.

Without 7.1/Atmos output in Kodi I might as well update my 2016 box to Android 9. Could someone tell me what is the status of Android 9 for the old mibox atm? Is it worth it?
I would like to know too.
I tried Kodi Matrix while still in beta and noticed that Dolby True HD option had disappeared, even if my box was still using Oreo firmware (I know that Pie update removed HD audio passthrough capability).
So I reverted back to Kodi Leïa which is working fine with HD audio sounds.
Do you plan to fix this in a later update of Matrix ?
Or did you change how audio capabilities are detected and nothing can be done anymore ?
(2021-03-08, 08:29)Guilles Wrote: Option "TrueHD capable receiver" is missing from Kodi Audio settings in Matrix. I suppose it was there still in 18.9.

Without 7.1/Atmos output in Kodi I might as well update my 2016 box to Android 9. Could someone tell me what is the status of Android 9 for the old mibox atm? Is it worth it?

The only Mi Box OS versions that could support HD audio passthrough in any Kodi version was Android TV Oreo 8.0 and prior, and that was found on the original 2016 Mi Box only. Not the later slightly updated version.

Oreo v8.1 and Pie 9.0 have removed the ability do do DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD/Atmos passthrough audio.

The only Android TV device, currently that can do Kodi - DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio passthrough is the Nvidia Shield.

DTS-HD is working fine with Kodi 19 in Mi Box 3 with Android 9. Maybe it will support TrueHD/Atmos in a near future update?
(2021-03-14, 07:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2021-03-08, 08:29)Guilles Wrote: Option "TrueHD capable receiver" is missing from Kodi Audio settings in Matrix. I suppose it was there still in 18.9.

The only Mi Box OS versions that could support HD audio passthrough in any Kodi version was Android TV Oreo 8.0 and prior, and that was found on the original 2016 Mi Box only. Not the later slightly updated version.

Oreo v8.1 and Pie 9.0 have removed the ability do do DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD/Atmos passthrough audio.

The only Android TV device, currently that can do Kodi - DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio passthrough is the Nvidia Shield.

That’s what I said in my previous post. I’m still using Oreo version of MiBox 3 firmware.
And in fact, Dolby Atmos passtrough is working fine with last Kodi 18 version.
I indeed tested beta version of Kodi 19 (my purpose was to test a file that had Dolby Vision metadata). But unfortunately, Dolby Atmos passthrough was broken, and I had to downgrade Kodi.
My question is : if I update to last Matrix version, will it work now ? And if it doesn’t, will I be able to downgrade this time as Kodi Matrix is not in beta anymore but the official version on play store ?
(2021-03-14, 21:29)Demovile Wrote: DTS-HD is working fine with Kodi 19 in Mi Box 3 with Android 9. Maybe it will support TrueHD/Atmos in a near future update?

Just to be clear DTS-HD (HRA) is not the same thing as DTS-HD MA which is lossless.
(2021-03-15, 15:12)svemonix Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 21:29)Demovile Wrote: DTS-HD is working fine with Kodi 19 in Mi Box 3 with Android 9. Maybe it will support TrueHD/Atmos in a near future update?

Just to be clear DTS-HD (HRA) is not the same thing as DTS-HD MA which is lossless.

Both DTS-HD HR and DTS-HD MA are working
(2021-03-16, 01:25)Demovile Wrote: Both DTS-HD HR and DTS-HD MA are working

It depends what you mean by "working". Only the Core which is DTS will be passed through from DTS-HD MA. So yes something will be played but it is actually not DTS-HD MA.

But I have the old Mi Box 2016 (MDZ-16-AB) still rocking with Oreo (8.0) same as altaroinj and the latest Matrix 19.0 does not have passthrough option for "TrueHD capable receiver" Sad
I suppose I should report an issue + upload debug logs... or just update my box to the latest Pie.
Btw what is the status of Pie for MDZ-16-AB model? Still buggy as hell?
(2021-03-17, 08:00)Guilles Wrote:

But I have the old Mi Box 2016 (MDZ-16-AB) still rocking with Oreo (8.0) same as altaroinj and the latest Matrix 19.0 does not have passthrough option for "TrueHD capable receiver" Sad
I suppose I should report an issue + upload debug logs... or just update my box to the latest Pie.
Btw what is the status of Pie for MDZ-16-AB model? Still buggy as hell?

I am on Pie, a few bugs
Standby bug. Needs restart.
Ethernet no longer works
otherwise it is quite snappy.
Still no answer to that issue ?
Is there anybody from Kodi team who could explain why Dolby True HD passthrough is working with latest Kodi 18 version but not with Kodi 19 (according to the fact that we are still having Android 8.0 on our MiBox) ?
Is it due to a bug ? The new way sound is handled by Kodi 19 ?
Will it be addressed in a futur update of Kodi 19 ?
Thanks for your answer.
  • 208(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21