Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2021-03-14, 07:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2021-03-08, 08:29)Guilles Wrote: Option "TrueHD capable receiver" is missing from Kodi Audio settings in Matrix. I suppose it was there still in 18.9.
"DTS-HD capable receiver" option can be still found in Matrix.

Without 7.1/Atmos output in Kodi I might as well update my 2016 box to Android 9. Could someone tell me what is the status of Android 9 for the old mibox atm? Is it worth it?

The only Mi Box OS versions that could support HD audio passthrough in any Kodi version was Android TV Oreo 8.0 and prior, and that was found on the original 2016 Mi Box only. Not the later slightly updated version.

Oreo v8.1 and Pie 9.0 have removed the ability do do DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD/Atmos passthrough audio.

The only Android TV device, currently that can do Kodi - DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio passthrough is the Nvidia Shield.
But I have the old Mi Box 2016 (MDZ-16-AB) still rocking with Oreo (8.0) same as altaroinj and the latest Matrix 19.0 does not have passthrough option for "TrueHD capable receiver" Sad
I suppose I should report an issue + upload debug logs... or just update my box to the latest Pie.
Btw what is the status of Pie for MDZ-16-AB model? Still buggy as hell?

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by Guilles - 2021-03-17, 08:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21