• 212(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Some AppleTV+ App users here?

Any ideas why my Mi Box (not S version) doesnt make HDR10? The AppleTV+ app says its available but my TV stays on SDR:

TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
(2023-03-13, 15:11)shrugg1e Wrote: Some AppleTV+ App users here?

Any ideas why my Mi Box (not S version) doesnt make HDR10? The AppleTV+ app says its available but my TV stays on SDR:

you need to break down what you're doing into pieces and assess each piece separately

does the Mi Box even support HDR?
does Kodi support HDR on the Mi Box?
is the Mi Box L1 certified to receive HDR content from AppleTV or is it receiving whatever you get from a browser for instance?
does the Kodi AppleTV+ addon support playing AppleTV+ HDR streams?
HDR works in the other apps (YouTube, Kodi and Netflix too - so i think it is L1 certified).

Only the original AppleTV+ App from the play store stays on SDR.

So i hope another Mi Box 3 user read this and give it a try (you can watch the first episodes from the most series for free but you need an AppleID).
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
(2023-03-13, 21:14)shrugg1e Wrote: HDR works in the other apps (YouTube, Kodi and Netflix too - so i think it is L1 certified).

Only the original AppleTV+ App from the play store stays on SDR.

So i hope another Mi Box 3 user read this and give it a try (you can watch the first episodes from the most series for free but you need an AppleID).

oh this is in regards to the app for android

i thought this had something to do with kodi since we're on the kodi forum

youll have to take up issues with apple's app and their content with them - https://discussions.apple.com
Sure, the Apple support community is definite the better place for the question. I posted it few days ago but get no reaction.

Here are so many Mi Box users in this forum, so i hope one guy download the AppleTV+ App from the Play Store and can check if HDR works.
Hello,
I have a question about how to configure the Xiaomi Mi Box correctly so that the upscaling is not done by Kodi or the Mi Box, but by the TV alone. I think that my OLED LG C1 does it better than Kodi or the Mi Box.
Does the whitelist have to be completely empty for this?
What screen mode does the Mi Box have to be set to?
Other important settings?
  • 212(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21