• 8(current)
Codec Info overlay
PlayerDebug is for developers knowing what those values are. It is not metadata.
(2017-02-16, 09:02)FernetMenta Wrote: PlayerDebug is for developers knowing what those values are. It is not metadata.

A very high handed attitude!!

I am not a developer but find some of the information useful :-)
Sure, you may find it useful or just use it for entertainment. That does not change the primary reason this info is intended for.

Audio bitrate metadata is exposed to the UI in our development branch. Not sure if this will get backported to v17 branch. Then it is on skins to display this info.
(2017-02-16, 09:17)FernetMenta Wrote: Sure, you may find it useful or just use it for entertainment. That does not change the primary reason this info is intended for.

Audio bitrate metadata is exposed to the UI in our development branch. Not sure if this will get backported to v17 branch. Then it is on skins to display this info.

The information I find useful is related to buffer usage, gives me an indication of how good/bad my stream source is.
Question 
Hello. There Kodi Krypton, skin Estuary. Since Krypton CodeInfo replaced by PlayerProcessInfo. How to change DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml for more information PlayerProcessInfo. I do not have enough information about the bit rate of the video / audio buffer fill level and CpuTemp. Is it possible to add this information? Thank you
I use this information with every customer I service through our Tech Support.

At the very least, I want the customer to see what performance they get from using different streams.

By observing the cache number, the user can quickly identify the quality and strength of the stream. Is the number going up, down, or remaining the same.

One of the biggest complaints you get from customers surrounds buffering. By teaching customers how to identify a strong stream they can avoid the buffering.

There are certain sources that never buffer for me. I was able to quickly identify those sources using the codec information overlay.

I may be repeating someone else here but I thought I'd add that you can get most of the information you were missing by using Ctrl+Shift+O

This gets you Audio Queue Saturation, kb/s, and Attenuation/gain
Video Queue Saturation, Mb/s, Frame rate, drop, skip, and Pullup Correction
Player: a/v: sync difference, cache amount in MB, and % of cache

Hope this helps.
(2017-02-28, 17:01)brahner Wrote: Hello. There Kodi Krypton, skin Estuary. Since Krypton CodeInfo replaced by PlayerProcessInfo. How to change DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml for more information PlayerProcessInfo. I do not have enough information about the bit rate of the video / audio buffer fill level and CpuTemp. Is it possible to add this information? Thank you

Interesting Reading. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2592813
Is it a case of it can be done or it won't be done ?
(2017-06-06, 13:07)kostaman Wrote: Interesting Reading. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2592813
Is it a case of it can be done or it won't be done ?
It can't be done, that's just a hack. You will notice he can't change the font or placement of the text, he can merely make it appear at the same time as the "O" screen. So no, it can't be done properly as the fields are not available to the skin.
@Karellen- Insults removed
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Codec Info overlay1