• 7(current)
Codec Info overlay
(2017-01-16, 16:31)peppe_sr Wrote:
(2017-01-14, 00:14)Wimpie Wrote: Try "ctrl o"...
that command recall the "pvr"

my problem was related to a nightly i suppose.
now ctrl+shit+o show me the codec infos

I don' t have any pvr, and ctrl-o gives me this overlay...
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
it's just "o" in nightlies. When using Estuary, you have to switch to the "player process info" tab
Try Ctrl-Shift-O
Hello. With Kodi 16 i used CodecInfo page for audio files as well to get bit depth, sample freq, bitrate, channels count.
With Kodi 17 this screen doesn't opens when i press o (or ctrl+shift+o) at full screen mode when audio is playing.
How to fix it ? I need this especially for online audio streams.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry. Duplicated somehow...
As a non-technical non-developer user I would like to press one key to give me an end user overview of how my system is performing.

For example when I am having problems with a stream in Kodi 16.1 I would press the 'o' key and focus on CPU usage and how fast/Slow my buffer was filling/emptying.

Sometimes on an under powered/low memory box the problem was that CPU usage was maxed out across all CPUs at 100%.

If I was experiencing lots of buffering halts I would look at how fast my buffer was filling up, if it was static or very slow I would stop what was playing and choose an alternative source if one was available.
we learned from the past that non technical users were not able to interpret the technical info we had given on this overloaded screen. that just resulted in answering the same questions ever and ever again.

the fact that the old dialog was overloaded and used some heavy mechanism for rendering, made it more and more useless for developes and the technical people.

in summary the old solution did more harm than any good.
(2017-02-14, 17:35)FernetMenta Wrote: we learned from the past that non technical users were not able to interpret the technical info we had given on this overloaded screen. that just resulted in answering the same questions ever and ever again.

the fact that the old dialog was overloaded and used some heavy mechanism for rendering, made it more and more useless for developes and the technical people.

in sumary the old solitioj did more harm than any good.
Why not simply include a button in Kodi settings, where you can enable the old (overloaded) OSD information again? I used it almost every day and I'm totally missing it like a load of others here... Totally out of all reason to kick this useful screen. Since when does Kodi have non-technical users, which would be too incapable to press the same button again to hide the info that they don't need?

I would like to have it at least optionally available again. As far as I'm concerned this can be hidden in the "Expert" viewmode of settings and disabled by default. Kodi is kodi and not plex or so, from my point of view.
(2017-02-14, 19:00)infinity85 Wrote: Why not simply include a button in Kodi settings, where you can enable the old (overloaded) OSD information again? I used it almost every day and I'm totally missing it like a load of others here... Totally out of all reason to kick this useful screen. Since when does Kodi have non-technical users, which would be too incapable to press the same button again to hide the info that they don't need?

I would like to have it at least optionally available again. As far as I'm concerned this can be hidden in the "Expert" viewmode of settings and disabled by default. Kodi is kodi and not plex or so, from my point of view.
The discussion has been done to death on the forums for months now & the developers have insisted it's not coming back. I like you missed it initially but quickly learnt that using PlayerDebug gave me all the info I needed. You can map this to any keystroke you want, I use "P". I posted in this thread how to do it http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306190
that is the same of ctrl+shift+o
(2017-02-14, 19:38)peppe_sr Wrote: that is the same of ctrl+shift+o
Yes, I was showing him how to access it with on key instead of three.

If you use both that screen and the 'new' codec info screen you pretty much have what was there in Jarvis, but with two overlay screens instead of one, which is good enough for me.
Thank you very much. As I run LibreELEC, the keymap hint is very useful Smile

My post was actually to express my lack of understanding how developers find time to take out a very useful function, if there's a lot more of stuff that could make use of this time.
(2017-02-14, 19:00)infinity85 Wrote: Totally out of all reason to kick this useful screen. Since when does Kodi have non-technical users, which would be too incapable to press the same button again to hide the info that they don't need?

Ok, I try to explain it once again. Primarily this work was in the context of architecture and design not with the intent of dropping or hiding information to the user. VideoPlayer is in a transformation from a big mess and spaghetti code to a componentized and flexible system. The old architecture was exhausted and dead end. In order to implement new features like picture-in-picture, headless kodi, or transcoding on-the-fly those changes are necessary.

Componentized means clean interfaces, not giving every other subsystem access to internals. UI does not have access to the information VideoPlayer shows on PlayerDebug screen.
(2017-02-14, 20:08)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 19:38)peppe_sr Wrote: that is the same of ctrl+shift+o
Yes, I was showing him how to access it with on key instead of three.

If you use both that screen and the 'new' codec info screen you pretty much have what was there in Jarvis, but with two overlay screens instead of one, which is good enough for me.

And me thanks
Using Ctrl + shift + O. All my videos are showing audio bitrate of 2776 kb/s and above. Most of them are mp4 mkv with 96, 128 and 192 kb/s audio. So dont know where its getting 2776 kb/s from. Audio bitrate was showing correctly on Jarvis. Huh

I'm using OSMC on rpi3. Do you think this is an OSMC issue or kodi. Thought i would check here first before posting on OSMC

Will a debug log help?

Thanks
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Codec Info overlay1