[Feature Request] TV Guide on main menu
This one has always been a frustrating one with skins that otherwise look nice but don't have quick easy access to the live tv guide.

Would it be possible to change it so you can have "TV Guide" on the main menu that goes straight to the EPG? It's currently quite hidden away and it's always confusing for non kodi users if the TV Guide isn't on the main menu.
If you are using the Windows OS, then this can be achieved by locating the 'Home.xml' file which is most likely to be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\1080i on a regular installation of Kodi.

If you have Notpad++ installed on you're system, then right click on this file and select edit with Notpad++
Then scroll down to line item 1054 on this file. You should then see this code:-

PHP Code:
<item>
<
label>$LOCALIZE[19020]</label>
<
onclick>ActivateWindow(TVChannels)</onclick>
<
thumb>icons/home/livetv.png</thumb>
<
property name="id">livetv</property>
<
visible>PVR.HasTVChannels</visible>
</
item

You need to edit the 3rd line to read:-

PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</onclick

Then select File, then Save. Exit Kodi, then re-open it. The LiveTV item on you're main menu will go straight into the TV Guide. Smile
Hope this helps... Smile
I'll be using libreelec once it catches up to v17 but im assing it will work on that as well.

I think they should have the option within the akin but this is a great workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] TV Guide on main menu0