Creating a "Music Corner" forum
Music 
What do others think about having a "music corner" forum for all things about Kodi as music library browser and player?

It would sure make my life easier, rather than music issues and replies being scattered across many forum, threads and posts. I would like to put all the music related support, discussions and development in one place. It could be small to begin with, but as someone else pointed out if all music related things were moved there then it would soon grow.

Music support problems are rarely platform specific, feature request discussion turns into support or design debate, and many users that could have somethimg useful to contribute to a design discussion don't look in development. Then testing feedback, or asking for testers, where does that go?

May be it is a bad idea? I'm just thinking outloud, and want to encourage a music library using Kodi community, I just don't know how to make best use of the current structure.
Think that's a great idea Smile

After all, there are areas for General (which tends to be video related more often than not), addons, pvr, skins, tools and meta-data but no specific Music area.

Probably makes it easier too for more casual forum users.

Definitely +1 from me !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yeah, there is no area specific to Kodi functions. Video issues, Music issues, Scraper issues, etc.

When you look under General Support, it is mostly targeted at OS issues (Windows, Android, IOS, Mac, Other), which doesn't work for a specific area in Kodi.

Possibly a good place would be under the Development section. But not under the "Kodi Application", or "Add-ons", but its own separate section. "Music Corner" sounds good to me.

We could also put Music Video related issues in there as well, since they seem to be linked to Music.
Good idea, I will take a look at this tomorrow to see if it fits anywhere obvious.
Yes please.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
yes please
I think this is a good idea so I've gone ahead and created the new forum sections for Video and Music general support.

Music Support Forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263
Video Support Forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=264

Please let me know if you find any threads that should be moved to this new section. It is for general support on the Music and Video Kodi features only.
Thanks @zag
Do we need to give our hard working forum mods a heads up so they can help with herding user music or video posts to the new location?
The only thing that may need clarifying is what should be in there as opposed to the already existing Music Add-ons sub-forum in the Add-ons section (at least for me). I'm presuming the new bit is for music playing in vanilla Kodi itself, but I can see this causing user confusion (and the same probably occurring for the video equivalents as well).

Also which section should music videos end up in, music or video (or music or video add-ons)?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes all vanilla Kodi music related threads in the new section.

Anything add-on related or feature requests, or development should stay in the old places.

Music videos are videos at the end of the day so I think that section is best.
Yes, the music addon stuff, mostly relating to music streaming continues in the Add-ons>Music Addons subforum as before.

It is Kodi music library stuff: music file tagging, NFO, genre, albums, artist, metadata and artwork, browsing and management etc., that was sprinkled across the General Support platform sub-forums even though they are not platform specific (although many end up in the independant forum) that could now be in "Music Support". Maybe calling it "Music Library Support" would help?

I also see testing discussion, both feedback form nightlies etc. and request for users to test stuff going here. In fact it would help to insist on that rather than it leaching into Feature Requests, getting split into bits with some in the Development forum or worse still getting hidden in member-only area.

Agree with Zag that music videos are videos so Video support section.

Going to make a personal effort to direct new implemented music featue discussion to the Music Support section too. Once imlemented, or if part of a request is implemented, it is best if discussion move away from the feature request section. Same too with development, there we discuss what and how we do something, but once done it is more a support issue, and will get better visibility there.

But I suspect that some feature request and dev discussion will happen in Music Support anyway because it often starts from a support issue or bug discussion. Let's see how it goes.
Works for me.

If there's some already existing stuff that needs moving, PM me with links to the thread and we can get that sorted too.

Oh and I took the liberty of stickying your welcome thread in there too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Darren. I really do appreciate the job you mods do keeping the forum flowing and effective
Nice to have some posts in their now, thanks Darren.

Just did a search of General Support > OS Independant sub-forum for threads with posts with "album" in either title or body - the 18 pages of results going back tinto the mysts of time could all be moved to Music Support. A bit of a task, and not vital, something to while away the lonely nights maybe? Smile
Excellent, good work all round.

Once PR9812 gets in, lets get a nice testing thread going.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating a "Music Corner" forum0