v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-06-09, 20:21)deveng24 Wrote: 2) I took my journey folder cleared all of MY tags and used MB picard to tag everything... with no modifications loaded it into kodi, ended up with two journey nodes one with a single album, all other 20 or so in the other node.... MBs tags id3 fields album artist with Journey but artist with Journey, Tron, Journey vs. Rastaliens (the "vs." happens with a few other also), and a Journey vs. Alexampt & Mononegro. i have tried to change the tag to Journey only (no change in the kodi library).

Since this is comming from unadulterated Picard tagging let's see what could be tripping up Kodi.

a) With the 2 entries for "Journey" in the artists node, which album is the one on its own?

b) I had not encountered " vs. " in Musicbrainz release artists before. Recent Picard should also be adding an ARTISTS (note the s) tag as a hint what the artist names are that go with the mbid tags. It makes it clear whether "Journey vs. Alexampt & Mononegro" is 1, 2 or 3 artists etc., some artist names have punctuation in them, other times it is just how the album credits were written and there are several individual artist involved. Additionally v17 now has the option of multiple artist separators, so " vs. " could be added as a known separator.

I don't think b) is causing a), but which album are these on so I can check out what Picard is doing?

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by DaveBlake - 2016-06-10, 10:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1