v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-06-10, 14:59)bsoriano Wrote: While I can see the benefit of having MBids, in my case, since the software I use to manage my collection doesn't use them, for the time being I will not either. Today I will do a new test, without loading the artists that only appear in compilations. To be sure I understand correctly, does this mean that Kodi, when scanning the music files, will only create artists for those that are tagged as albumartist? Please confirm. If this is the case, then I will probably be able to have nfos, artwork and the like for each one of those, since each is in its own folder in my collection. Thanks.

Bart, not tagging with mbids is absolutely fine, much of my music collection is not tagged this way. But they offer certain benefits if you like to get extra info from the cloud.

The (wrongly named) "Include artists that only appear on comilpiations" option only changes what is shown in the artists node, it does not change what is scanned from the tags. I asked you to test with it enabled so that we could see all of your artists and better access how parsing had performed. So no, there is no need to change this and re-scan, just disable it and see only album artists.

Then scraping from local NFOs. Only album artists can be scraped from NFO files, and then only those where they have have their own folder will all the songs they are credited with beneath it. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2352991 for an example. Songs for that artist off in a "various artists" folder will cause the scraper to look in the wrong place. Likewise albums with more than one artist causes difficulties with artist.nfo.

Scraping from local NFOs is a limited feature that needs some reworking.

But thanks for putting your extensive library to the test Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by DaveBlake - 2016-06-10, 15:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1