v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
Thanks for the feedback.

(2016-09-12, 00:04)M4tt0 Wrote: I used custom genre tags in my old collection, but changed the wording of some genre tags and integrated others. Now, when I enter the database in Kodi and search by genre, the old, outdated genre tags still appear as choices. When I enter them, the lists are empty. I have been trying to clean the database several times, but the outdated genre tags remain.

I'm on a recent Milhouse build (devel 20160821) and share databases via MySQL server.

Is this known or reproducible on your end?
I have not managed to reproduce this, but my guess is that the genres that you have removed/edited from music files are still being used in the album_genre table, hence not being deleted when you clean the library.

When first scanned an album is given the genre(s) of the first song. This can then be changed via NFO, but the library is not always consistently updated. Or maybe it was the order of tag changes you made, I can't be certain. And Kodi is inconsistent in use too (something I am slowly trying to untangle) so while Album genres are used to make the genre node, when navigating down it is only song genre that is used to list albums for an artist for a genre.

Sharing my thinking just for interest really.

If you could export your music database (using a MySQL browser tool of some kind - phpAdmin or MySQL Workbench etc.) and let me have it I could check this out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by DaveBlake - 2016-09-12, 10:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1