v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
Well, thank YOU for bothering to look into it, Dave!

Everything is correct, albeit that Bollywood, Gospel, Irish Folk and Spanish Folk should be obsolete by now, as I tried to lump them into World Music. All of those appeared as selectable genres in the genre view of the library (as they should based on your analysis). But all of them appeared empty when I enter into them (not showing any artists or any of the at least 15 songs you have identified per genre).

Just to make sure, I have added my whole World Music directory to mp3tag (my genre structure mirrors my folder structure on the NAS), deleted the genre tag and recreated it with "World Music" for all files. I rescanned the library and had it cleaned again. The obsolete genres are gone.

So, either the tags were indeed wrong, but then I'm surprised that the corresponding artists and/or songs did not appear (I don't show artists who only appear in compilations, but the category "Gospel" for instance just contained one album and no compilation. Or it was indeed some cache issue.

Either way, problem is gone. Again, thanks for your help.

Now I will try to get rid of cyrilic artist names and those in Kenji, which Musicbrainz introduced. But that's a different story... :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by M4tt0 - 2016-09-17, 13:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1