v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-11-23, 14:11)docwra Wrote: Can't we create 2 default nodes for "Artists" and "All Artists" somehow?

We already have Smile
OK they are lurking on the Roles menu along with the nodes for the standard roles, see the first image on this post on the previous page http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2461198
but that seemed a safe place to start. Switch easily between all artists or just the album artists.

Quote:One possibly feature request I was thinking was that now we have this facility is the "Show song and Album Artists" option needed in settings?
I know the team loves getting rid of settings Big Grin
I did wonder myself, but it does have a use in default node behaviour and navigation. For example when you select a genre on the genres node what do you see next song and album artists with that genre or just the album artists? Without a default setting you end up with two genre nodes too.

So for now the setting has a use.

But I would like to transform music library navigation entirely, or at least offer a different approach for those that want it, based around immediately accessible filter settings and then being able to navigate around within that. e.g. looking at songs with these criteria go back up and see the albums, artists even genres, as well as looking at artists and go down etc. Linking between items too, so from a song you could go to all the songs composed by the same artist, or the other songs on an album, etc. Lots of connectivity in just a few clicks. Smile

But I need some other team members on side or any of my ideas are useless. Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Music Library Improvements - by DaveBlake - 2016-11-23, 15:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1