v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-12-31, 14:26)DaveBlake Wrote: But I guess in the short term the option of recent via id or recent via file timestamp whould be an easier work around. I have a vague idea it might be possible now via a custom node - need to check, even I can't remember what I have implemented!

Thanks @DaveBlake for this, hope it can make to Kodi17! totally agree that the ideal long term solution would be a proper tag like datePurchased (or rather dateAddedToCollection ... rather than the date it was first scanned to the library), and having the above behavior in the interim would be nice and bring consistency. Thinking about tags to capture for this, please take Cuefiles into account in addtion to vorbis/mp3 Smile - something like REM DATEADDEDTOCOLLECTION etc.

Another quirk I just found in the kodi log: the log gets polluted with hundreds and hundreds of entries like:

11:19:22.554 T:1150411760 ERROR: SQL: [MyMusic60] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1054)
Query: SELECT DISTINCT song_genre.idGenre, Genre.strGenre FROM song_artist JOIN song ON song_artist.idSong = song.idSong JOIN song_genre ON song.idSong = song_genre.idSong JOIN genre ON song_genre.idGenre = genre.idGenre WHERE song_artist.idArtist = 1340 ORDER BY song_genre.idGenre
11:19:22.554 T:1150411760 ERROR: GetGenresByArtist(1340) failed

Seems to be one per artist or possibly per album. I can see this happens every time Yatse (the android remote) does a "music database refresh".

Notice that since my collection DB is built based on cuesheets, there is no such thing as "Artist Genre" defined anywhere (every album in the cuesheet is tagged by an album-specific genre, e.g. REM GENRE Classical). Looks like during the migration Kodi didn't add any default value for this field and it looks like this is creating some problem. Should Kodi return "None" or some other default Genre response instead of erroring out?

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Music Library Improvements - by htpcero - 2016-12-31, 19:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1