Req Backgrounds
Just making a feature request regarding how backgrounds are handled. I'd like see an option that actually works like the Weather menu item for all home screen menu items. You see the weather image on home and it automatically transfers to the Weather page. This is how the Titan skin handles backgrounds. Not wanting to see the default image to appear after selecting a menu item on home. An example as seen below. In addition it would be nice to see a seamless transition of the image when going from the page back to the home screen. The example is entering Weather from home is perfect but backing out and you see a flicker of a black screen during the transition.

Hi, I think this is a very good idea, that's why I have already added to my Krypton version :-)

I'm not planning on adding it to the Jarvis version as it is bound up in amongst a lot of other changes.
(2016-05-20, 21:57)joethepartylion Wrote: Hi, I think this is a very good idea, that's why I have already added to my Krypton version :-)

I'm not planning on adding it to the Jarvis version as it is bound up in amongst a lot of other changes.
Good to know. I actually wanted to make the request in the Krypton thread. I figured to give this its own thread since I'll not be testing Krypton until it reaches the Beta stage. Happy it is out there and looking forward to seeing this feature for the Amber skin in the Krypton version.
Just tested out Amber on Krypton and am impressed so far. The background images are handled as requested and really like the seamless transition with no flicker of a black screen within. Nice work!

(2016-06-08, 19:31)mjbxx Wrote: Just tested out Amber on Krypton and am impressed so far. The background images are handled as requested and really like the seamless transition with no flicker of a black screen within. Nice work!

Glad it is working for you, let me know if you find any issues or have any other comments.

I'm currently adding the ability to show genre, studio etc. icons and the ability to change the weather icons from the Kodi image resource script.
(2016-06-08, 20:39)joethepartylion Wrote: Glad it is working for you, let me know if you find any issues or have any other comments.

I'm currently adding the ability to show genre, studio etc. icons and the ability to change the weather icons from the Kodi image resource script.

I'll wait for the Alpha Monthly snapshots and will test the new Amber skin full on at that point. I mainly installed the nightly version to see how the background and transition situation looked and can say you absolutely nailed it. The new Amber skin feels more fluid and looks much nicer than the current version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backgrounds0