accent-insensitive ordering
Well, the subject essentially says it all: since I found no solution myself nor got any answer in the thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246203, I presume currently indeed there is no way to order items ignoring accents (but for rather tedious and unwelcome task of setting all the “Sort Names” manually).

I can be wrong, as always; but I even think there is no need to clutter the settings, for, in my personal opinion, the accent-insensitive ordering could event be the default and only option — frankly I can't imagine anyone who would rather see e.g. the “Čelisti” movie (a Czech name for Jaws) placed after “Zulu”, instead of somewhere in the near vicinity of “The Cell”.

Even if I am wrong and it would have to be an option, I believe it would be worth the effort.
Bumping up this thread a bit. I've just tested 19.0.alpha1, and it still does not seem to be able to order titles properly. Or am I missing something somewhere? Can this be achieved through some smart XML tweaking? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
accent-insensitive ordering0