Recorded TV shows library update
I would like to find a way to update the Recorded TV Show library when I select it from the main screen. I have to manually update it now when I select Recorded TV from my home furniture. The list of shows show up but are not always correct when I first select it. The library is what was there last meaning that shows that were watched and deleted still show up. Once I update the library manually, It usually corrects this problem. Also, shows that have been recorded by NextPVR since I opened the library last do not show up until I update the library. Being able to update the library when it is selected from the Home screen would solve this problem.. Any suggestions?
You could try adding
Code:
    <onload>UpdateLibrary(video)</onload>

on a new line after the <window> line in MyPVRRecordings.xml

but it might not work at all, and if it does it will update the whole video library. (which might take some time)

Kodi doesn't have the ability to just update the PVR section of video, but you might be able to add the PVR's path to the statement and have it do just the PVR area like this.
Code:
UpdateLibrary(database,[path])
from the Wiki:
"Takes either "video" or "music" as a parameter to begin updating the corresponding database. For "video" you can additionally specify a specific path to be scanned. "

So this kind of thing might work.
Code:
UpdateLibrary(video,c:\mypvrstuffpath)

I don't have a working PVR anymore so I can't test it, sorry.
Good luck Big Grin
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
MacGyver, thank you so much. I will give them a try and let everyone know what worked and what didn't. Thanks again.
MacGyver, I want to try doing either or but there is no MyPVRRecordings.xml under the Metropolis skin addon. There is under Confluence and Re-Touched. So should I ask Jingai or what?
It appears to be in the Git.

In the short term, maybe just copy the one from the Git to the 720p folder and make the changes, are your recordings showing up? Maybe it is no longer needed, in which case we'll have to find you a different place for you to put your refresh command.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
MacGyver, I added the <onload>UpdateLibrary(video)</onload> under the first line and it works great. It also does not take long because it is constantly being updated. Thank you. I do wonder what will happen when the skin updates and/or I move the Krypton?
When the skin updates, you will have to make any local modifications again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recorded TV shows library update0