XBMC compile on Ubuntu 7.04 Parallels VM (g++ AND gawk missing?!)
Hey folks. I know that tech support isn't available yet, but I was hoping maybe someone that has successfully accomplished this can give me a hint as to where I went wrong.

I am attempting to compile XBMC for testing purposes only in a Parallels VM with Ubuntu 7.04 as the guest OS. I thought everything would be pretty smooth, but I was wrong...

The OS is installed, with all tools as per the WIKI guidelines. I have downloaded the source from SVN and attempted to run:

./configure --disable-gl

Unfortunately it dies, seems to think nothing is installed on the OS... here is the config.log: http://pastebin.ca/633515

Can anyone shed some light on my problems?

Thanks
Ok, figured it out. Warning to everyone, the WIKI doesn't have two packages you need to install:

g++ gawk

add those to the list and you'll be good to go. So far anyway *compiling now*
hmm, they are listed in README.linux but i guess the wiki got neglected
I had the same problem. The readme does not list gawk or g++, g++-4.1 is listed. For some reason I had to apt-get both g++ and g++-4.1.

After doing that and getting gawk, things worked great.
Just as a note for anyone looking to try this:

I've compiled XBMC on Parallels and it doesn't really run right now. As parallels doesn't support 3d acceleration and you can't compile it without SDL because of something broken in the source it runs extremely slow (3fps). Also, there is a very strange screen update bug, you can literally see the screen updating... probably has something to do with Parallels and SDL... who knows, but for now it seems pointless to compile under Parallels.

Oh, btw, my host OS is Mac OS 10.4.10, Macbook Pro Core Duo 2Ghz.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC compile on Ubuntu 7.04 Parallels VM (g++ AND gawk missing?!)0