Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide
ok, Thank you

What do you recommend for ripping cd's on Linux

Wrong thread?
@docwra

With the upcoming release of v18 and all the changes @DaveBlake has made, some of the information in this thread is outdated.

Do you want to update, or should it be removed from the stickies section?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Can't update sorry as the 1st post is my old username and I don't have mod rights any more.

Feel free for anyone else to update though, I think this post is useful reference for the new user.
Seems like a new thread of music best practices could be made for Kodi 18 and this thread title amended to reflect v17.

RLW
Hi, I am using Kodi Version 19 on Nvidia Pro Shield and my source is my QNAP NAS. While browsing through Movies folder, kodi never crashes but the moment I browse into my Music folder after a few albums, Kodi crashes and takes me to the Nvidia Screen.

There are around 2418 music folders in my NAS and scraping happens successfully. Only when I am browsing through the Music --- Albums Folder I am facing this crashing issue after few albums at the begining.

Anything which I am doing wrong or any changes that needs to be made...Please advise.
(2022-09-15, 16:53)rajivaryan1984 Wrote:
(2022-09-15, 16:53)rajivaryan1984 Wrote: Hi, I am using Kodi Version 19 on Nvidia Pro Shield and my source is my QNAP NAS. While browsing through Movies folder, kodi never crashes but the moment I browse into my Music folder after a few albums, Kodi crashes and takes me to the Nvidia Screen.

There are around 2418 music folders in my NAS and scraping happens successfully. Only when I am browsing through the Music --- Albums Folder I am facing this crashing issue after few albums at the begining.

Anything which I am doing wrong or any changes that needs to be made...Please advise.
Could be a corrupt image file or nfo file? I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. It's probably linked to the last music you added or changed. Remove the album (if it was an album) and see if that solves the issue.

A query, in the music collection, I have albums that are made by two or three artists (for example, Queen and David Bowie) how should I separate them in the label so that a new artist called Queen/David Bowie does not create me? I don't know if it's understood, is there a separator (, . ; /) that links the album to both artists without creating a new one?
Thank you!
(2023-05-06, 19:14)Nagus Wrote: A query, in the music collection, I have albums that are made by two or three artists (for example, Queen and David Bowie) how should I separate them in the label so that a new artist called Queen/David Bowie does not create me? I don't know if it's understood, is there a separator (, . ; /) that links the album to both artists without creating a new one?
Thank you!

In my collection, I choose one of the two collaborators as the Album Artist, and then I have "Queen / David Bowie" as Artist for each individual track.
Thank you so much!!
hi @zag 

I have a problem to catalog the Genre of the albums or songs. If an album is of two genres (rock and jazz, for example) how should I write it so that it doesn't create a new genre with the sum of both? Separated by ; , / - as?
(2023-08-02, 22:23)Nagus Wrote: hi @zag 

I have a problem to catalog the Genre of the albums or songs. If an album is of two genres (rock and jazz, for example) how should I write it so that it doesn't create a new genre with the sum of both? Separated by ; , / - as?

Put the genre as Rock / Jazz and it should work fine.  Just be sure to have a space between the two (or however many) genres.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide2