[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
(2015-09-26, 16:18)DarkHelmet Wrote: To sum it up, the task to make a valid database out of this mess [from Amazon] is quite challenging. I can't imagine how this works without manually re-tagging the files. If kodi develops a guideline how to tag the files in the best way for kodi to handle, I think a lot has been achieved.

From your experiment we can't expect the tags on music purchased from Amazon to be much help. Since I source from CD I would not have known what comes with downloaded files, so thanks for trying. I also think you are right, some people will think music should come ready tagged correctly. But it doesn't, so a good wiki guide for setting up tag data for Kodi is as much as we can do.

Picard is one tool of many able to tag adequately and access Musicbrainz (which may or may not be up to the job for classical music). I use mp3tag, but there are others.

One day we may be able to unscramble poorly tagged files with a scraper, but for now at least Kodi can reward those that have tagged their music well to get full benefit or their efforts.

Messages In This Thread
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
RE: Improved Classical Music Browsing - by DaveBlake - 2015-09-29, 20:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3