[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
Steve you are right, on re-reading your 3) and mine are the same, just said in a different way. It is Sunday afterall Smile

As for pop music composers, and Picard does tag some if not all songs that way, cluttering up your list of classical music composers, the solution is custom nodes.... Have a try and then ask for help if you need it.

When I started implementing composer I really only had classical music in mind, but soon found there was more data available (composers for pop songs, and more than one composer too etc.) and the feature grew into artist roles. Lots can be done with this, and it is difficult to know what to offer as standard without cluttering things for the average user. I aslo don't know what the average user of Kodi music library is, I figure we are all "special" in our own way.

Custom nodes on the main menu is something beyond my range of expertise, but I know it gets discussed by the skinners from time to time.. UPNP is also a mystery. My initial efforts are all about getting more into the library, I then need help from others to get it out again and make it user friendly.

Just for fun you can also create a show all roles node, a bit like the genres node, see all the different roles that Picard has quietly tagged your music with e.g. lyricists, solo instruments, engineer etc. Not saying you are interested in any of these, but perhaps interseting to look just once. Create a node with
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>All Roles</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicRoles.png</icon>
  <content>artists</content>
  <group>roles</group>
</node>

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Improved Classical Music Browsing - by DaveBlake - 2016-05-22, 11:47
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3