• 5(current)
XBMC Skinning Contest
alx: nice chagall/keith haring combination... i think the white bg will make it a bit harsh to look at. i'd go with a personal favorite of mine miró instead. i think his color spectra and graphic language goes better with a tv. still harings work has been a lot on fex mtv. but hey thats me. artsy comment enough for you? Wink
/floink
(floink @ may 14 2004,00:06 Wrote:alx: nice chagall/keith haring combination... i think the white bg will make it a bit harsh to look at. i'd go with a personal favorite of mine miró instead. i think his color spectra and graphic language goes better with a tv. still harings work has been a lot on fex mtv. but hey thats me. artsy comment enough for you? Wink
/floink
i'm impressed Smile
but my skin is more related to matisse... my spiritual art master Smile
miró's work was not so interesting imho, he just copied what other artists did...
keith haring is more contemporary and i'm honoured to have his name cited with my work Image
i love white bg you know! even all my walls at home are white with only some matisse/picasso paintings on it :d

damn we are talking about art in a computer related message board! so far from my usual python questions! and i admit i like that Wink
ok heres the two skins im working on, im willing to donate "osmosis" to somone else if they wish to start/finish it. i hope that giving somone simpe parts of a skin still lets them enter the contest.

i am also requesting that any icon/graphic designers contact me so they can create a set of glass 1 color icons for my next skin magnum. as you can see in the screenshots, the teddybear, rubber duck, and rubber frog, do not fit very well.

magnum

osmosis (donating this one to any skinner that requests it!Wink
well...i just submitted my skin "simplified."
screenshots

i designed the skin with a "function over form" mentality.
i wanted a nice, simple, easy on the eyes interface so i made one. Image

in creating the design i took some liberty with how things are usually laid out on the screen.
basically i removed/relocated/changed some of the features that are normally present in the default skin.
i felt that some of the buttons, switches, and menus added more confusion than functionality so i removed them.

the rules don't say anything about that, but if the skin is disqualified because of that i would understand.
i didn't make it to win a modchip anyway.. Image
btw, foood (http://www.foood.net) said we can use his icons/images for xbmc skins as long as we credit him plus link to his site when using his icons. more links to resources where one can find free, non-copywrited or open source clip-art/pics available here (link), more links wanted!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
if its ok with leonardo, i would like to submit my blackblue mod. he did use xme grahpics (open source) but i guess i should still ask since its his skin.

blueblack
bobrooney, your visor skin is very nice. i particularly like the way you display the currently playing song with the translucent background, and that the album art is larger than most skins. it looks great while watching the music visualisations.
i worked hard on my skin but unlucklily there's still very few icons that i haven't draw so i have to put some from media center skin to respect the deadline Sad
and as the deadline is not postponed can i submit my skin with few media center icons to respect the deadline or not?
"- the last competition submission date is 16/05-2004"

u still have more then 24hrs to go if i read the rules right Wink
(floink @ may 15 2004,16:16 Wrote:"- the last competition submission date is 16/05-2004"

u still have more then 24hrs to go if i read the rules right Wink
unluckily i haven't 24 hours free to work only on my skin...
Information 
i just submitted my skin without media center images Smile
i included the psd so people may add/modify everything they want to.
now i'm waiting for feedback :d
(wabidwoveren @ may 14 2004,05:17 Wrote:magnum

osmosis (donating this one to any skinner that requests it!Wink
wow these skins look very tasty! :p
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
it's official, the last submission date has been postponed by one month!, final submission date is now 20th of june 2004, hope this is ok :d
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gamester17 @ may 15 2004,22:19 Wrote:it's official, the last submission date has been postponed by one month!, final submission date is now 20th of june 2004, hope this is ok :d
a bit late to announce this in my opinion...
(alx5962 @ may 15 2004,22:36 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ may 15 2004,22:19 Wrote:it's official, the last submission date has been postponed by one month!, final submission date is now 20th of june 2004, hope this is ok :d
a bit late to announce this in my opinion...
well, i did post a heads-up/suggestion of it almost a week a go, plus didn't you complain you didn't have enough time to finish your skin Image
...as the the saying goes, better late than never Image
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skinning Contest0