Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering
(2018-07-02, 07:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Because the 6th Day and The Sixth Sense should sit side-by-side in a library, not one at the beginning and one near the end.

Because nothing should ever be cataloged by "A"

Because "Death Proof" is a D movie, not a " movie.

And if you use sorttitle for ONLY movie sets then how do you use movie sets to put the 19 and counting MCU movies into a "set" while having Thor 1-3, Iron Man 1-3, Captain America 1-3, Guardians of the Galaxy 1-3 located properly under T, I, C and G?

Man of Steel is sorted in my library as Superman 31, because it's a Superman movie. It's also a DCEU movie. That requires a "set" or smart playlist to organize.

Sorttitle works perfectly fine the way it is now. Having an additional sort function for movie sets would be nice. Being able to create a smart playlist with a specific order of titles that Kodi will recognize and display in the stated order would be fantastic (AFI 100 Years 100 Films). As it stands having a smart playlist for the MCU and the premiered field properly scrapped puts the MCU movies into the MCU order. Only a very tiny fraction of people would want the chronological timeline order like the OP of this thread.
 What you are describing is personal preferences. If a guest is at your house, and looking to play the movie "The 6th Day" they would look under either "T" for The, or "6" in numbers. As that is the actual name of the Movie. I get your decision to make the name "The Sixth Day" and you can find it next to "The Sixth Sense" but that is actually not the name of the Movie (and this can affect Kodi's internal scraping of said movie as well).

Also as jjd-uk mentioned, you can get rid of the "A" and "The" in movie titles, with a simple switch (pretty sure there is actual a button to do this, and not having to go and adjust the "Advanced Settings", but either or, accomplishes the same thing.

Finally, my request for using "SortTitle" for just sets, actually fixes the issues brought up by myself, and Karellen. Specifically, you would see these listings when scrolling down your entire movie list...

Iron Man 1 (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Iron Man 3 (2013)

Captain American 1 The First Avenger (2011)
Captain American 2 The Winter Soldier (2014)
Captain American 3 Civil War (2016)
etc...

Again using MediaElch (or some other Media Manager), you could actually change the names to the above, so they are in the correct order, when you are browsing your library.

But in Movie Sets, you would see the complete Marvel Superheroes collection...

1 Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
2 Iron Man (2008)
3 Iron Man 2 (2010)
4 Thor (2011)
5 The Incredible Hulk (2008)
6 Avengers Assemble (2012)
7 Iron Man 3 (2013)
8 Thor 2: The Dark World (2013)
9 Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
10 Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
11 Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
12 Ant-Man (2015)
13 Captain America: Civil War (2016) Not yet set
14 Dr. Strange (2016) Not yet set

So having "Sorttitle" used just for Sets is a Win/Win for everyone (as long as you know to do further customizing, you would need a Media Manager, and couldn't just rely on Kodi's internal scrappers). There are also sequels to movies that have entirely different names "First Blood" and then "Rambo" comes to mind, that only a Media Manager (or you editing the .NFO files) can fix these in a full Movie listing. But in Sets, it would look fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering - by Powerhouse - 2018-07-02, 17:59

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.