Audio resume issues on rewind
Currently using OpenElec with Isengard on a laptop.
It's currently connected through an RGB cable and a separate audio cable. (The laptop has no HDMI).
I noticed last week then when I rewind now, sometimes the video gets very pixilated for a few seconds then clears (I assume the RGB can't handle it fast enough?) That, I can deal with, but the audio now takes about 5 seconds to start again. I've been using this setup for about 9 months, and only now are there issues. I haven't updated anything or added anything new.

Any ideas what could be happening?
No Debug Log no issue no ideas to help.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
On it. Didn't figure it was a debug thing. Figured it was a..."Oh yeah...that's normal or abnormal....."

And after dozens of tries...I can't get it to replicate the error. It's been constant for weeks.........technology....
Got it. The reset Kodi and started a video that didn't do it. I did another that took a few tries...but I got 1 long audio pause upon rewind then I tried 5 or 6 more times and got some video blips (major pixels) but nothing audio. They recover within 5 seconds, but it's annoying.

http://pastebin.com/SAusr6Ci
Sorry - fully outdated software installation. No support for kodi 15 anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I said I had Isengard initially.

To that answer, you receive a frowny face sticker.

OpenElec didn't push me for an auto update, and all I saw were Beta releases on the site. With all the mess it'll take ensuring my skin is working properly and all my settings are correct on a new version, by the time I get 16 going, 17 will be available. I'll just deal for now.
Ok. I updated, and it didn't touch my skin. Neato. I'll just mess with it and post back if it's still jacked. The update took like 30 seconds.
Ok, I gave in.
Currently on Jarvis now. Wiped all and added a new skin. Same issue.

http://pastebin.com/iRkB81s2

The first rewind listed gave a screen full of pixels and distortion for about 5-10 seconds. The audio was fine.

The last rewind listed in the log cut the audio out for about 10-12 seconds before resuming. The video was fine.

Any ideas?
Reproduce with master, please and file a bugreport at trac.kodi.tv - most of the videoplayer code in jarvis was already rewritten, so hunting the bug in Jarvis will lead to nowhere.
Thanks for the follow up. What do you mean by master?
(2016-05-27, 20:36)McButton Wrote: Thanks for the follow up. What do you mean by master?

Milhouse builds as said some posts before
I'll...look a bit more. I'll just mess with the video settings and see if something isn't cooperating. It's a new issue, so...maybe the videos I was playing too. Who knows. I don't want to mess another week trying to figure it out when it's a minor annoyance.
**If 17 is in testing, couldn't I possibly end up with more issues? I don't know how the test builds work....
Since I'm having trouble with other things, I'm going to stick with Jarvis for the moment.
COULD my issues be because my video is running through RGB cable compared to HDMI?
The audio is just a single audio cable plugged in from the laptop to the TV port. Could that cause my audio lag?
I also noticed that in Confluence, it happens less and recovers almost instantly for video and audio.

Odd that I haven't noticed this in 9 months, and it just started happening more and more.

Maybe something in my Acceleration settings that should/shouldn't be enabled?
Nobody else here? Figured I'd at least find another threat with the same issue, but notta. It's odd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio resume issues on rewind0