v16 EPG does not mark serial recordings / change genre?
Hi,
I realizesd that in the EPG timeline view not all of the programmed recordings are flagged. I'm missing a marker on all TV-shows that are programmed via add timer>multiple recording (serial recording). Is there a way to change this so I could have a marker for them in the timelline view too? In my opinion it would be much better if the EPG timeline would flagg all recordings. This would bring even a better WAF to my family.

One more question. Is there a simple way to change the EPG genre names shown within Kodi? Using Kisscon I get detailed EPG data from Clickfinder (my EPG distributor) and I push the data via Xepg to DVBViewer. Using Xtranslate it is possible to assign special genre text to a genre ID. As there are a lot of genres I'm not interested in I would like to use these genre IDs to transport more detailed genre information for films ore serials. I know that instead of the genre text only the genre IDs are transferred to DVBViewer recording service. And from the RS the IDs are transported to Kodi. So is there a file I could easily modify so that Kodi shows genre names that are different from the standard? Huh
Thanks.
re #1: Series recording isn't integrated very well. It's on my todo task but I'm lacking time.

re #2: Genres are split into type and subtype, converted by CEpg::ConvertGenreIdToString to a label id and localized (see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....po#L10274 ). But there's nothing like a local file to override them.
Id also love to see the series recording maker in the EPG timeline!

This would be awesome!
Hello manül,
are there any plans when the serial markers could be realized?
Serial markers would be very helpful!
I re-read your initial post and I'm not sure I can do much about this. I'm already passing the weekdays to the timer struct. Maybe Kodi just doesn't support marking repeating timers? I never tried.

What's your exact timer settings?
(2017-01-30, 13:38)manül Wrote: I re-read your initial post and I'm not sure I can do much about this. I'm already passing the weekdays to the timer struct. Maybe Kodi just doesn't support marking repeating timers? I never tried.

What's your exact timer settings?

@manül This will only work after you adapted the add-on implementation to the timer api changes introduced with Jarvis. Otherwise you will be stuck on Isengard, feature wise.
(2017-01-30, 18:59)ksooo Wrote: @manül This will only work after you adapted the add-on implementation to the timer api changes introduced with Jarvis. Otherwise you will be stuck on Isengard, feature wise.

Yeah, I know and I'm working on this. But as far as I understand the custom timers won't influence the data passed via TransferTimerEntry, so PVR_TIMER.iWeekdays will stay the same. And the DVBViewer RS backend doesn't add child timers for series recordings. Am I missing something?
(2017-01-30, 19:29)manül Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 18:59)ksooo Wrote: @manül This will only work after you adapted the add-on implementation to the timer api changes introduced with Jarvis. Otherwise you will be stuck on Isengard, feature wise.

Yeah, I know and I'm working on this. But as far as I understand the custom timers won't influence the data passed via TransferTimerEntry, so PVR_TIMER.iWeekdays will stay the same. And the DVBViewer RS backend doesn't add child timers for series recordings. Am I missing something?

Out of the blue, don't have the details at hand, yes, you are missing something. ;-)

Setting iWeekDays is just not enough to get the icons requested here. It's a matter of defining proper timer types for epg based timer rules and to create and deliver the respective child timers to Kodi.
(2017-01-30, 19:38)ksooo Wrote: Setting iWeekDays is just not enough to get the icons requested here. It's a matter of defining proper timer types for epg based timer rules and to create and deliver the respective child timers to Kodi.

That's what I expected. And child timers won't suddenly appear. I would have to add fake timers myself, which means parsing all EPG entries and try to match them against all timers in order to replicate the RS timer logic. And probably never be 100% accurate.

So @JF100 I think this won't happen.
@JF100: One more thing. If you convert your timer to an "EPG search"-based timer, the backend will create timers for every positive hit and you'll see and also are able to cancel individual timers in the EPG guide. "EPG search"-based timers are only possible using the RS webinterface.
Will be in future any chance that kodi use only the pvr backend genre 1:1 without any change or match or anything else?
I ask because i am not able to get coloured timeline epg.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2017-08-01, 21:04)tehax Wrote: Will be in future any chance that kodi use only the pvr backend genre 1:1 without any change or match or anything else?
I ask because i am not able to get coloured timeline epg.
Both are using the same genre types. Your EPG might just have no genres.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG does not mark serial recordings / change genre?0