audio DSP for CarPc
Same behaviour here on Windows10, Jarvis 16.1, AudioDSP settings not available for external USB DAC, only for internal audio card. Here is debug log: http://pastebin.com/ftvXaA4z
I made some debug logs for Krypton 17.0 Alpha 2, again internal card ADSP processing working, for external DAC not. Here are links:

INTERNAL CARD

http://pastebin.com/2NPFZJz2

EXTERNAL USB DAC

http://pastebin.com/VNFQY6x8
Hi wisler,

I'm having this issue as well since day one of ADSP. If I switch to any audio sink different from AE_DEVTYPE_IEC958 (like AE_DEVTYPE_PCM -> onboard analog output or AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI -> digital output via gfx-card to my TV) I am able to access Audio DSP and subsequent settings and modify sound with the "parametric eq". IEC958 is the old standard for S/PDIF (now renamed to IEC60958).

Maybe I already found the source of this culprit :

In (current git master) xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp bool CActiveAE::IsSettingVisible() line 2755, 2763 and 2769 the DeviceType of the currently set SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_AUDIODEVICE is explicitly checked NOT to be AE_DEVTYPE_IEC958 to enable SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPADDONSENABLED, SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPSETTINGS and SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPRESETDB. Is there any reason for these checks ? I'm currently compiling a version with these checks removed - hopeful that this is the last barrier to elevated high end music reproduction Wink

Edit: Disabling the checks works for me - here is the patch I whipped up :

Code:
diff --git a/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp b/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp
index 5bb87b2..3221051 100644
--- a/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp
@@ -2752,21 +2752,16 @@ bool CActiveAE::IsSettingVisible(const std::string &settingId)
   }
   else if (settingId == CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPADDONSENABLED)
   {
-    if (m_sink.GetDeviceType(CSettings::GetInstance().GetString(CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_AUDIODEVICE)) != AE_DEVTYPE_IEC958)
-    {
       return true;
-    }
   }
   else if (settingId == CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPSETTINGS)
   {
-    if (CSettings::GetInstance().GetBool(CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPADDONSENABLED) &&
-        m_sink.GetDeviceType(CSettings::GetInstance().GetString(CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_AUDIODEVICE)) != AE_DEVTYPE_IEC958)
+    if (CSettings::GetInstance().GetBool(CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPADDONSENABLED))
       return true;
   }
   else if (settingId == CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPRESETDB)
   {
-    if (CSettings::GetInstance().GetBool(CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPADDONSENABLED) &&
-        m_sink.GetDeviceType(CSettings::GetInstance().GetString(CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_AUDIODEVICE)) != AE_DEVTYPE_IEC958)
+    if (CSettings::GetInstance().GetBool(CSettings::SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPADDONSENABLED))
       return true;
   }
   return false;
@arcam,

great that you created a patch that works for you. Awesome, because I can't test it in my own hardware and I wasn't shure from what the issue was created.

But so far I don't know if it breaks something on other platforms or sound cards. I will talk to our developers and I hope we can integrate a patch that solves your issue and doesn't break other setups or platforms.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Thanks for your positive response, wisler Smile

I share your concerns regarding breaking other platforms or hardware setups. Hopefully someone of the other developers can shed some light on these IEC958 checks. I more than happily volunteer in testing other approaches / patches on Linux.
(2016-06-28, 00:25)arcam Wrote: Maybe I already found the source of this culprit :

In (current git master) xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/ActiveAE/ActiveAE.cpp bool CActiveAE::IsSettingVisible() line 2755, 2763 and 2769 the DeviceType of the currently set SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_AUDIODEVICE is explicitly checked NOT to be AE_DEVTYPE_IEC958 to enable SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPADDONSENABLED, SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPSETTINGS and SETTING_AUDIOOUTPUT_DSPRESETDB. Is there any reason for these checks ? I'm currently compiling a version with these checks removed - hopeful that this is the last barrier to elevated high end music reproduction Wink

Edit: Disabling the checks works for me - here is the patch I whipped up :

Could you please share your build? i'm in the same situation SPDIF and DSP is not working. Thanks
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality !
@arcam,

Thank you for patch, you nailed it! I compiled Krypton image for Wetek Play using your patch, now Audio DSP Settings are available. Would be great if devs will correct this issue in Kodi git master.
Is possible for someone to build a test windows build with this patch applied? i can test this out and i really need this working. help anyone?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality !
I'm working on this. I will roll out a new testbuild when I finished the buffer implementation in ActiveAE. But I guess you have to wait some days.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
(2016-09-25, 22:34)wisler Wrote: I'm working on this. I will roll out a new testbuild when I finished the buffer implementation in ActiveAE. But I guess you have to wait some days.

Thanks mate, appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio DSP for CarPc0