"Exception caught on main. exiting" What do I do?
Everytime I attempt to search on Kodi, I get "ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. exiting". My laptop is Windows 10. My graphics card is Intel 4000 graphics cards. I have Kodi v16.1 Jarvis. I keep on uninstalling and reinstalling but it has no effect. I have uninstalled without the profiles and addons as well as with them to no prevail. My father has updated my driver software and the problem still persists. My debug log: http://pastebin.com/LcE3zZEj . This problem has been going on since February/ March. I have looked at other threads with the same problem and their solutions doesn't solve my problem. I have no idea what to do.
That's only part of a log, but enough to show a raft of dodgy addons.

To do a true clean install you also need to remove or rename the %APPDATA%\KODI\ folder. (c:\Users\trisnet\AppData\Roaming\KODI)

The broken addons are causing your problems. You won't get help with those here (as per the FAQ) Clear them out and we'll help you with KODI
Sad 
Ok I have the same issue..., please help

The only Kodi that works on my PC is a later version 15.2, if I try to install 16.0 or now 16.1 I get the same error message "ERROR: Exception caught on main. exiting

I tried renaming and deleting %appdata%\kodi and deleting kodi from programs, also tried deleting everything from Regedit with the name Kodi, restart pc then as soon as I reinstall Kodi I get the same pop error message...

Anyone else with this same issueHuh
Quote: The only Kodi that works on my PC is a later version 15.2
You might need to check if your graphics card can support DirectX11, if not stick to 15.2.
Sometimes updated drivers solve the issue, disabling DXVA2 , difficult to tell without a debug log (wiki)
(2016-06-01, 02:11)OTinley Wrote: You might need to check if your graphics card can support DirectX11, if not stick to 15.2.
Sometimes updated drivers solve the issue, disabling DXVA2 , difficult to tell without a debug log (wiki)

I can confirm that for me being on Windows 10 x64 PRO with Kodi 16.1 (20160424 release) I am experiencing same problems on most of my 5 Windows-based Kodi-installations.
My crashes happened during channel switching.

On all machines that were crashing with this error message it helped to disable DXVA2 and then restart Kodi again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Exception caught on main. exiting" What do I do?0