v16 How to Add Channel Logos for Live TV?
In XBMC (Frodo) there used to be an option to add channel icon images for Live TV here:

System > Settings > LiveTV > Menu/OSD > Default folder for PVR thumbnails

Later, I think it was renamed to 'Folder with Channel Icons'.

But in the Kodi Jarvis release that option seems to be gone completely. So how can channel logos be added now?
You can do it individually for each channel in TV/Channels .
Right Click/Manage/Channel Manager/Channel Icon (as the screenshot shows)

Mine come from the backend (Mythtv in my case). I have never had to add them specifically in Kodi
Adding the channel icons through the channel manager does work for me.

I am using the MediaPortal TV-Server for my back-end, and it does not seem to have support for channel icons. I think MediaPortal does that in the client.

Thanks!
I use Media Portal it imports the icons fine as long as they are named right and and are in the rigth folder

Also try adding your icon folder in the livetv settings, Live-TV - Menu / OSD - Folder with channel icons. Here's where how it looks in titan, not sure if it's different on another skin
komplex,

Thanks, but I think that first screen-shot is the MediaPortal client? I understand that works, but I'm trying to make the icons show up in Kodi.

That second screen-shot must be an older version of Kodi. In Kodi 16 (and maybe 15) the 'Folder with Channel Icons' setting has been removed, as I indicated in my original post. The solution is to use the Channel Manager, as OTinley said. It would be more convenient to do this in the MediaPortal TV-Server, but it does not seem to support that.
The 'Folder with channel icons' setting is still there. However, you may need to change the Setting level display to reveal it. I run all of my Kodi installs with the Setting level set to Expert; you may want to change that from Basic and see what additional settings are available.
Oh yes! That does bring the 'Folder with channel icons' setting back in Kodi 16. Thanks!
(2016-06-01, 21:11)ClayMontgomery Wrote: komplex,

Thanks, but I think that first screen-shot is the MediaPortal client?

No that's from inside Kodi just using the Titan skin and channel list instead of the guide

(2016-06-01, 21:11)ClayMontgomery Wrote: That second screen-shot must be an older version of Kodi. In Kodi 16 (and maybe 15) the 'Folder with Channel Icons' setting has been removed, as I indicated in my original post.

No it's Kodi v16.1 :p as you see now you just needed to set it to Expert to see the settings
What plugin is this ?
No plugin/add-on. This is the channel manager that is part of Kodi's PVR/Live TV system.
Thumbs Up 
(2016-06-02, 00:35)ClayMontgomery Wrote: Oh yes! That does bring the 'Folder with channel icons' setting back in Kodi 16. Thanks!
Thank you all ! 
Still working in Kodi version Leia 18.4.
This a much easier solution than matching icons and channels manually (that's what i did last time  Sad )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Add Channel Logos for Live TV?0