SMB share formatted with REFS on Windows 10 doesn't show all contents
(2017-11-20, 22:55)abarylak Wrote:
(2017-05-11, 22:29)jjd-uk Wrote: Do you have any other windows pc's? if so you can try installing Kodi in order to try connecting to your Windows 10 pc with the REFS file system via smb. This would prove whether the issue is possibly only with linux kernel OS's utilising the samba library, as the Windows client doesn't use samba since it can make use the native smb built into Windows.
Sorry for the late reply.  As opposed to chrisohearn's comment, navigating REFS shares from a separate windows 10 machine running Kodi does work just fine.  It is able to see all contents of the shares without issues.

I have also tested the newest v18 nightly on a Kindle Fire and it was also able to see all contents of my REFS shares.  However, any v17 build has not worked even the 17.5.  I have not tried 17.6 yet, but that didn't seem to have any big changes in regards to this issue.

So, this looks like it could be resolved in the v18 release, but I would have liked to see this fix in the v17 releases.  Guess i will just have to upgrade to v18 as soon as i can once that is finalized.  Thanks.

That make sense, since Windows builds are ok which make use of the OS smb functions, but Android does not with v17, then that suggests to me that there was likely an issue with the Samba library that other OS’s use to provide smb functions. During the course of v18 development there’s been a significant bump to the Samba library version from an pretty old Version 3 to Version 4 which is probably why it now works with v18.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB share formatted with REFS on Windows 10 doesn't show all contents0