Home Video strategies
I'm going to import all my home videos into Kodi. I've read a few threads and it sounds like treating them as TV Shows works the best. I have two kids (ages 7 and 4) so I have a ton of random videos over the past 7 years. I think it makes the most sense to break them up by year and then within the year have different themes. So essentially in 2014 I would have a bunch in Misc, Dance Recital, Disney Vacation, etc.

Assuming I do it this way I'd guess each year would be it's own TV show and each theme would be a season. Can I rename a season from Season 1 to Soccer Game or will it force me to name each season as Season X? If it is the latter, how do people typically handle this? If it is the former have others found this to be the best method for dealing with Home Videos?

In my mind I actually like the method of a normal Files and Folder structure however i want it easy if my wife or mother wants to pull up the videos. It would definitely be easiest for them to have it work like a normal library rather than working their way through a nested folder hierarchy.

Thanks.
Yep, you can now rename seasons in Kodi v16 and later. Select the season -> Context menu -> Manage -> Rename

If you really want to get fancy, you could use NFO files (wiki) and list the kids/family members as "stars", being able to sort which videos contain which people :)
(2016-06-04, 05:38)Ned Scott Wrote: Yep, you can now rename seasons in Kodi v16 and later. Select the season -> Context menu -> Manage -> Rename

If you really want to get fancy, you could use NFO files (wiki) and list the kids/family members as "stars", being able to sort which videos contain which people Smile

Great idea, thanks. Of course you just doubled the amount of time this going to take me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Video strategies0