Jukebox Library & Blacklist
Hi all, I've been using the music library function for as long as I've been using this crazy proggy. There are two things that I would like to see. A Jukebox library with a context menu option to ad any library song to the Jukebox as well as give me the option to automatically ad compilation CD's to the Jukebox. They're usually full greatest hits of some kind. The other thing that I would love to see is a blacklist option. Most of us have albums were there is one or more songs that we don't want to hear on a regular basis. I want to blacklist them in one of two ways. 1. complete blacklist - do not play unless manually selected and 2. blacklist from smart playlists, I may not want to hear it on random but would like to hear it if I'm listening to the entire album.
There is one other thing but I'm not sure if it's possible. Years - If I've got a greatest hits disc of 50's rock'n'roll hits and it's released in 2012 it shows up in 2012, same thing for remaster/re-releases. It would be nice if I could force them in to the right decade at least.
Thanks for reading this rant.
I've always tagged the original release date, not the date of the remaster for the reason mentioned above. Often I'll add the remastered date as a comment.

Your idea of a blacklist sounds ok but maybe that's better implemented as an add-on. I've thought about this for random playlists where my list should come from a subset of my collection (because like you there's some stuff I'd rather not listen when I'm in 'part mode' - Beethoven in the middle of a dance party?)

There would be a fair amount of work to deal with how users want to include & exclude(blacklist) songs and/or albums and/or artists (hence maybe an add-on to handle this?) with a smart playlist in Kodi to actually select and run the songs based on the users preferences.

Just wondering if the new Kodi 17 library database would support a 'score'? A simple integer could hold a value that could be used to prioritise what's you'd want to hear (e.g. 0 = never, 10 = highly.likely etc). Just thinking out load...

PS. I just ordered a new msata SSD today so I can install Kodi 17 and try the new music library. I can keep 16.1 as my listening system on my original SSD (OpenElec) and have a good 'play' with 17 without affecting that one. I'm looking forward to it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jukebox Library & Blacklist0