Release Add-On for Tablo OTA DVR
(2016-07-06, 21:21)OTADVRsRUS Wrote: Long story short, one of Tablo's key strengths is to provide a beautiful interface and the integrated PVR function doesn't really allow for that. Other folks have created OTA PVR integrations so we plan to continue to focus on the pretty/easy and let others handle the more basic/integrated UIs.

I don't mean state the obvious but you pretty much insulted every Kodi PVR user. Despite your lack of understanding regarding the ability to customize Kodi interface including the built in PVR functionality, the benefits of having a native Kodi PVR addon far outweigh what you perceive as a pretty face.
(2016-07-11, 07:35)mr3p Wrote:
(2016-07-06, 21:21)OTADVRsRUS Wrote: Long story short, one of Tablo's key strengths is to provide a beautiful interface and the integrated PVR function doesn't really allow for that. Other folks have created OTA PVR integrations so we plan to continue to focus on the pretty/easy and let others handle the more basic/integrated UIs.

I don't mean state the obvious but you pretty much insulted every Kodi PVR user. Despite your lack of understanding regarding the ability to customize Kodi interface including the built in PVR functionality, the benefits of having a native Kodi PVR addon far outweigh what you perceive as a pretty face.

I don't see the insult, and actually I very much prefer the grid UI in the Tablo addon than the built in PVR in Kodi. It uses the full screen, the text is incredibly easy to read, and takes full advantage of the fanart available. If the Kodi PVR gui would be made to look similar to what Tablo accomplished in this addon I would be very excited. Great work and thanks for contributing to Kodi! I don't have your hardware unfortunately, but now that you are "Kodi Ready" I can consider you next time I make a purchase Smile
(2016-07-14, 18:22)mrdally204 Wrote: If the Kodi PVR gui would be made to look similar to what Tablo accomplished in this addon I would be very excited.

If that was possible, we definitely would have considered that approach, but it's just not technically feasible at the moment.

Glad to hear you'll be considering us for a future purchase Smile
(2016-07-14, 18:24)OTADVRsRUS Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 18:22)mrdally204 Wrote: If the Kodi PVR gui would be made to look similar to what Tablo accomplished in this addon I would be very excited.

If that was possible, we definitely would have considered that approach, but it's just not technically feasible at the moment.

Glad to hear you'll be considering us for a future purchase Smile

You could always donate some code to the Kodi core PVR project so everyone could benefit Wink
(2016-07-14, 18:22)mrdally204 Wrote: If the Kodi PVR gui would be made to look similar to what Tablo accomplished in this addon I would be very excited

If this statement is genuine, I would respectfully ask you to to do a little reading here on the forum. If you aren't aware, there are multiple skins available which can be configured to your preference. Just so we're clear, there's nothing wrong with the Tablo GUI, other than its minimally configurable and missing network channel icons, but the advantages of having a native PVR add-on which would make Tablo recordings part of Kodi library far outweigh any misperceptions of a better user experience.
Sad 
I installed it on firestick kodi 18 ad it just hangs on the tablo start screen. My tablo app on the same firestick is working fine.
Does the Table Script work today?  I just tried it and nothing happens.   The script shows me a 'Tablo like screen' but doesn't connect to my Tablo.  Also, there is now where to configure the script to enter a IPaddress.  It seems like the script should probe the network and find the tablo device but its not working.  Any thoughts?
Reach out to Tablo and let them know you're interested! they are the ones who are responsible for it.
Whatever happened to the Tablo add on?? I can't find it anywhere anymore! I'm using Kodi matrix.
Did they stop supporting Kodi?? What a shame
Is this add-on compatible with tablo 4th gen gateway?
The 4th gen devices don't have remote access so all third party and remote apps will fail.  It's a real shame because the 3rd gen TabloTV makes a great tuner for NextPVR and pvr.nextpvr gives full Kodi PVR control.  I like it better than the HDHR for ATSC 1 MPEG2 streams.

<rant>The company that makes the TabloTV is in my home town in Canada and they ignored several email about the TabloTV 3rd gen and now the 4th gen isn't even supported in Canada</rant>

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-On for Tablo OTA DVR1