Avoid the initial setup after copying a new image to my Raspberry PI 2
Hi,

I have several Raspberry PI 2/3 devices to watch movies on via KODI (OSMC).
Sometimes I'd like to reinstall my PI from the original or a newer image file.
I wrote a batch script, that does all necessary system settings and restores the .kodi folder with all settings I do prefere.

Unlikely after each restart the initial setup screen appears on my TV. This appears until I setup KODI on my TV.
After that I can run my script. But I would like not to do the initial setup. My script does it much faster and better.
Is there a way to prevent this via a shell session after the very first system start (e.g. by setting a flag or removing a file)?

Thanks in advanced
Ralph
This is not something we would offer a solution to nor allow one to be suggested here.

Whilst your usage case is acceptable and benign, exactly the same scenario on a larger scale would be exactly what would be used by less scrupulous distributors to send out their "Kodi Boxes" stuffed full of banned addons (wiki) and builds.

So as any solution given here would be equally useful for them, we cannot allow it. Nothing against you or your usage case, but we have to consider the wider picture.

Sorry...

Thread closed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Avoid the initial setup after copying a new image to my Raspberry PI 20