• 18(current)
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
I've been looking on Amazon because I didn't want to wait a month+ for a new remote, but I noticed almost all the listings are for MX3... I can't find T3s anywhere. On top of that in some of the listings it says in the question/answer section that they now support 40 something buttons for learning... is it possible that the MX3s now are basically up to par with the T3, like it was a firmware type thing, or are the guts of these remotes actually different?
Sorry if this has been answered before.
I use and love this excellent remote for many years now.

I'm using CoreELEC Kodi 18.9 on Vim3.

My TV/AVR/Vim are on a CEC cycle. They to to stand-by together when I shutdown the TV or AVR, but Vim only wakes up if I manually click the power button. I know this not a CE support forum, but my question is regarding the remote and mapping the Power key.

I'd really like to configure the Power button on the T3 to act as a wake up button with keymap editor.

I currently have that button mapped to show the shutdown menu when Kodi is activated:
Code:
<power>ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</power>

I tried using CECActivateSource instead but it also doesn't seem to wake it up.

Would appreciate any ideas or helps.
Thanks.
(2021-01-20, 10:46)thenry Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before.

My TV/AVR/Vim are on a CEC cycle. They to to stand-by together when I shutdown the TV or AVR, but Vim only wakes up if I manually click the power button. I know this not a CE support forum, but my question is regarding the remote and mapping the Power key.

I'd really like to configure the Power button on the T3 to act as a wake up button with keymap editor.

I currently have that button mapped to show the shutdown menu when Kodi is activated:
Code:

Thanks.
I used <key id="61662">CECActivateSource</key> to do exactly that on CE and it worked..
I also mapped the longpress of the same power button to shut down the TV + AVR
<key id="61662" mod="longpress">CECStandby</key>
(2021-02-13, 23:01)shmizan Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 10:46)thenry Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before.

Code:

Thanks.
I used <key id="61662">CECActivateSource</key> to do exactly that on CE and it worked..
I also mapped the longpress of the same power button to shut down the TV + AVR
<key id="61662" mod="longpress">CECStandby</key>
Thanks for your reply. I only just saw it now Confused
<power> and <key id="61662"> are the same thing? I will try that.
Using <power> works well to bring up the shutdown menu, so if I want to keep that instead of CEC Standby do you think this will work?:

Code:
<key id="61662">ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</key>
<key id="61662" mod="longpress">CECActivateSource</key>
I think it's an easy test, just try it out.
<power> might work the same, I don't know, I just found that the key for power on MY remote was 61662 Smile
(2021-02-17, 09:16)shmizan Wrote: I think it's an easy test, just try it out.
<power> might work the same, I don't know, I just found that the key for power on MY remote was 61662 Smile
Thank you.
I tried it and can't really seem to make it work Sad I've sent you a PM.
hey all,
I found a way to remap the  "+ Magnify" "- Magnify" buttons to other buttons on Windows (it was pretty easy on linux as mentioned previously in the thread).  Blush
I'm using EventGhost, and what I did was:
1. add plugin: Generic HID (there might be many devices to select from)
2. press these buttons and see in the Log to the left if anything is picked up.
2.5. if nothing was picked up, select the next device in the Generic HID plugin and try again.
3. add a new Macro with action: Find Window: kodi.exe
4. drag the HDI.Button you found next to the action
5. add action to the Macro - Send Keystrokes

my buttons were mapped as follows:
'Magnify + ' -> HID.Button.558 
'Magnify - ' -> HID.Button.557
and I mapped them to F7 and F8.

p.s. I couldn't get longpress action to be detected tho Sad
I bought this mouse years ago, the "T3M" microphone version. I just did a bunch of digging and searching to find a "better" remote since it's been a number of years now. Turns out, this thing is still one of the best options available for my purposes.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3