• 6(current)
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
(2016-06-13, 01:59)dasco Wrote: Hi Jeffers24

I can confirm that the T3 remote mouse does not reactivate itself once turned off. (Unlike the similar looking MX3 remote)

What user were doing for the MX3 remote to overcome the mouse continually reactivating itself was to put the following code in their keymaps file in Kodi. What the code does is effectively turns the mouse off in Kodi but still allows the use of the left and right click (However this only works while in Kodi)

To do this open Notepad copy the below code into it and save it as an XML file. ie "Mouse.xml".
Then place the file into you Kodi keymaps folder inside the userdata folder.
In Windows it is located C:\Users\(Your Compute Name)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps. (Maybe different for other platforms)

I still use this code for the T3 as i have no need for a mouse pointer in Kodi but like the use of the left and right mouse buttons. I could just turn the mouse pointer off on the T3 by pressing the mouse On/Off Button and the pointer is permanently disabled. But once the mouse is turned off the "OK" Button becomes "Enter" instead of Left Click and the Return Arrow becomes "ESC" instead of Right Click.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<middleclick>noop</middleclick>
<doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
<doubleclick id="1">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="1">noop</longclick>

<wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
<wheelup>noop</wheelup>

<mousemove>noop</mousemove>

<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousedragstart>Select</mousedragstart>
<mousedragend>noop</mousedragend>

<mouserdrag>noop</mouserdrag>
<mouserdragstart>Back</mouserdragstart>
<mouserdragend>noop</mouserdragend>
</mouse>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<mouse>
<leftclick>OSD</leftclick>
<mousedragstart>OSD</mousedragstart>
</mouse>
</FullscreenVideo>

<Visualisation>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</Visualisation>

<SlideShow>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
<rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
<wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
<wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
</mouse>
</SlideShow>

</keymap>

Do you know if this modification works with OpenElec?

also, so the difference between this remote and the other one is that this one has more keys and this one can permanently turn off the air mouse option. Correct?
(2016-06-13, 09:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: Hi Dasco,

Thanks for quick confirmation that on the T3 when you switch the cursor off on the T3 that it stays off till you switch it back on :-) unlike the MX3 that keeps switching the cursor back on :-(

I have found that I need to use the cursor in some apps when having to make a selection for example to start the ookla speed test app and when I need to scroll the screen, so can't do without the cursor, which is why I bought the MX3 air mouse.

On your confirmation I have ordered a T3 from Amazon UK.

One question, if when you switch the cursor off, assuming you press the cursor lock key and it stays of until you press the cursor lock key again, why do you still use the code on the T3 to disable the cursor?

Hi Jeffers24, did it work well for you? What kind of a system are you using it on? Android? linux? windows? Thanks
(2016-12-01, 09:43)mamachan Wrote: I buy a Measy GP811, but no way to map any button (i try to map "STOP" button from my VRC-1100 remote control
http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_Control_Reviews#VRC-1100

Can you help me please?

Hi mamachan,

Perhaps you should open a new thread dedicated to the Measy GP811 because information in this T3 thread may not be relevant to your remote as your buttons may represent different keycodes.

In saying that you could try downloading the "Keymap Editor" App from within Kodi and changing your keymaps with that. http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

or you could try creating your own Keymaps file and copy the following code in it (Note this is known to work for the T3 and MX3 remote.)

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61586">stop</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Depending on what platform you are using will depend on how you create and save your Keymaps file. http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

Also remember that when you create your Keymaps file it needs to be saved with the extension ".xml" example would be "T3 Keymap changes.xml"

The platform i use is Windows so i create a keymaps file in "Notebook" and save it with the extension .xml The created keymaps file is then placed in C: > Users > "Your Computer Name" > AppData > Roaming > Kodi > userdata > keymaps . Restart Kodi and the keymap changes will be used.
(2016-12-02, 01:14)TAagam Wrote:
(2016-06-13, 01:59)dasco Wrote: Hi Jeffers24

I can confirm that the T3 remote mouse does not reactivate itself once turned off. (Unlike the similar looking MX3 remote)

What user were doing for the MX3 remote to overcome the mouse continually reactivating itself was to put the following code in their keymaps file in Kodi. What the code does is effectively turns the mouse off in Kodi but still allows the use of the left and right click (However this only works while in Kodi)

To do this open Notepad copy the below code into it and save it as an XML file. ie "Mouse.xml".
Then place the file into you Kodi keymaps folder inside the userdata folder.
In Windows it is located C:\Users\(Your Compute Name)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps. (Maybe different for other platforms)

I still use this code for the T3 as i have no need for a mouse pointer in Kodi but like the use of the left and right mouse buttons. I could just turn the mouse pointer off on the T3 by pressing the mouse On/Off Button and the pointer is permanently disabled. But once the mouse is turned off the "OK" Button becomes "Enter" instead of Left Click and the Return Arrow becomes "ESC" instead of Right Click.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<middleclick>noop</middleclick>
<doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
<doubleclick id="1">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="1">noop</longclick>

<wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
<wheelup>noop</wheelup>

<mousemove>noop</mousemove>

<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousedragstart>Select</mousedragstart>
<mousedragend>noop</mousedragend>

<mouserdrag>noop</mouserdrag>
<mouserdragstart>Back</mouserdragstart>
<mouserdragend>noop</mouserdragend>
</mouse>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</FullscreenVideo>

<Visualisation>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</Visualisation>

<SlideShow>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
<rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
<wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
<wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
</mouse>
</SlideShow>

</keymap>

Do you know if this modification works with OpenElec?

also, so the difference between this remote and the other one is that this one has more keys and this one can permanently turn off the air mouse option. Correct?

I cannot see why it would not work with OpenElec? However i use Windows so i cannot confirm. Differences with remote are detailed in first post.
(2016-12-02, 04:33)dasco Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 09:43)mamachan Wrote: I buy a Measy GP811, but no way to map any button (i try to map "STOP" button from my VRC-1100 remote control
http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_Control_Reviews#VRC-1100

Can you help me please?

Hi mamachan,

Perhaps you should open a new thread dedicated to the Measy GP811 because information in this T3 thread may not be relevant to your remote as your buttons may represent different keycodes.

In saying that you could try downloading the "Keymap Editor" App from within Kodi and changing your keymaps with that. http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

or you could try creating your own Keymaps file and copy the following code in it (Note this is known to work for the T3 and MX3 remote.)

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61586">stop</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Depending on what platform you are using will depend on how you create and save your Keymaps file. http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

Also remember that when you create your Keymaps file it needs to be saved with the extension ".xml" example would be "T3 Keymap changes.xml"

The platform i use is Windows so i create a keymaps file in "Notebook" and save it with the extension .xml The created keymaps file is then placed in C: > Users > "Your Computer Name" > AppData > Roaming > Kodi > userdata > keymaps . Restart Kodi and the keymap changes will be used.
many thanks,
i tried, but there's no way to make it work.
I asked for a refund at Amazon.

Thanks.
mamachan...if what you are trying to do is configure your control to accept your Infrared (IR). This control shall be cappable to map or learn at.least five keys, or shall be IR programmable for power, and the four utility keys (red, green, yellow, blue)...

This Measy GP811 is simillar In design to the MX3....if what you want is map your keys while in wifi mode in kodi.....then you will need the keymap file in Kodi....but if what you want is conftrol an IR device with this control...for an example the IR Stop button from your DVR. then you can configure for example the Red utility key of your measy GP811 control to learn your DVR stop key...I do not recommend to reprogram the IR power key of your control to do this.....this key has been preprogram to generate a specific frequency used to power on for most of the Android devices that are used for Kodi.....changing this IR power button will not allow you to turn on your android device when it is rebooted after a power outrage unless you program one of the utility keys to do this in sustitution...This mouse use wifi to communicate with your device..the wifi transmitter will not be activated while yor device is off..so you will need the power on IR command to turn on your android box....if not you will require to use the original IR remote control of your android device to turn it on...to avoid this problem or if you do not have batteries in your Android box original IR control, the only way to turn on your android box is just unplug tge power cord an re plug it...Since your android box needs to power on when it is plugged to your power source or every time you have a power outrage due to they do not have an internal clock to fresh matain the date and time, and need the ethernet or wifi to get the correct date time from a NTP Server or other server....no correct date and time in this android devices mean a comete desaster due to the internet certificates..

So...it shall work for to learn IR only 5 keys...and all keys in wifi mode but within but you need to map them or tell your app how to interpretate them and take your required actions if the app developoer allows you to do it using a keymap file....as they did in Kodi...
thanks for your help.

I apologize for my bad English, I try to better explain my needs.

I have an HTPC Windows 7 based and a VRC-1100 remote control + Logitech K400 keyboard to control Kodi.
All woks perfectly.

Now I bought the GP811 to avoid having to use two objects (VRC1100+K400).
The GP811 works decently but not completely, for example It does not have a dedicated STOP button.

I tried to map RED button in the GP811 to use like STOP button, but don't work.
I tried with keymap method too, but don't works.

Probabli the remote is broken, I just received an email from Amazon say they have already done to a refund of the amount paid Nod
If you're gonna get the T3, might as well get the T3-M with the microphone as well. Mine will be here on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes...
Hi dickalan,
Look forward to your review, if there is any noteable differences apart from the microphone.
(2016-12-06, 22:15)dasco Wrote: Hi dickalan,
Look forward to your review, if there is any noteable differences apart from the microphone.

Me too, please confirm that when you switch the mouse pointer off that it stays off.

Also if possible link where you purchased, would want to make sure I get the same one :-)
There are a bunch on ebay for less expensive ( - $5?) but I'm loyal to Amazon. The seller I bought it from has two day shipping for Prime members. Otherwise I would have had to buy from a different seller and it would have been here in like January. Haha. Nope.

I'll get this one by Thursday:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HEQ...UTF8&psc=1

If you don't have prime the ebay option could be a good route.

eBay search:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40...e&_sacat=0
So, there are no keys that are 'IR only'? I would like to train a key to power my tv on and off, but not have to switch into IR mode every time I want to use it, seems this is not possible. . . checking to see if I have missed something.
(2016-12-10, 09:06)akda5id Wrote: So, there are no keys that are 'IR only'? I would like to train a key to power my tv on and off, but not have to switch into IR mode every time I want to use it, seems this is not possible. . . checking to see if I have missed something.

Hi akda5id,

That is correct, The front is completely RF, green LED, until TV button is pressed then it is completely IR, Red LED.
So I've had it for a day and it works great! I'm using an Alienware Steam Machine that runs windows 10 and Kodi. Best remote for a HTPC I've ever used. The T3-M Microphone works great along with all the features discussed in this thread.
(2016-12-11, 10:44)dickalan Wrote: So I've had it for a day and it works great! I'm using an Alienware Steam Machine that runs windows 10 and Kodi. Best remote for a HTPC I've ever used. The T3-M Microphone works great along with all the features discussed in this thread.

Does voice control work?

Which features of Kodi can you control with voice commands?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3