• 14(current)
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
You're welcome. Glad I could be of help.
To Dasco or anyone that could help
MX3 is poor in mouse pointer alignment and tracking, meaning in air mouse mode if you move the remote way out off the tv screen borders, when you come back the direction you point the remote to the screen isn't the same as the mouse pointer position on the screen. What you can do is to block the pointer and point remote to it and then unblock or move the remote to the opposite edge of the screen and after the pointer hits and gets stuck in tne edge continue with the remote movement till you got it aligned to the mouse pointer and move the remote back to the screen inside. That's the only calibration you can do

Someone mentions this problem also for the old mele 10 remote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbKQ1Y15KJ0

As we know the new version mele 10 deluxe, doesn't have this problem. It has some sort of auto calibration
As MX3 also has 6 axis gyro like mele 10 deluxe can this problem be solved by an algorithm, a script, anything?

Thank you
Hi

Got the T3 today from a seller in HK (came in a plasic bag with the manual and the dongle).

It seemed good for most part but then for some reason keys stopped responding at times even though the green led is showing activity. I'm going to test it some more but this seems to happen a lot so far. Also a
bunch of display driver stopped and recovered since I started using it.

It's running a fairly old box with win7 on it.

Is there a way to assign the red power button to shut down Kodi (not the pc/box etc).

thanks in advance.
(2017-01-24, 21:29)dasco Wrote:
(2017-01-24, 11:59)malkair Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 21:22)dasco Wrote: Hi Malkair,

Thanks for your input and information on the microphone version.
The power button is changed in the "Power Options setting" of Windows. Select sleep from the drop down menu for "When i press the power button:" option.
Thank you, I can't believe I didn't think on it before.
It works, but a new issue (not sure if specifically T3 related) is coming:

Now when I press POWER button on the remote, the system goes to sleep, but only for a couple seconds: It automatically wakes up with no action from me (even if the remote stands on the table, so the cause is not the air-mouse -which actually is disabled-).
Same when the system is on sleep mode: When I press POWER on the remote, the system wakes up, but after 3 or 4 seconds it comes to sleep again.

Seems like the remote sends the power command twice or somewhat.

This was NOT happening before with an original Microsoft MCE RC6 remote, which worked perfectly on sleep/resume. The T3 receiver is connected to the same USB port (it's a 4-port hub) than the MCE.

I disabled "Use this device to wake up the system" on the Device Manager's T3 mouse entry, and enabled same option on the T3 keyboard entry.
Also, checked the commandline powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to be sure only the keyboards (and not mice) are set to wake up the system.

In addition, the power button of my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard is now acting the same. Never happened before.Confused

I think I read about this problem in another Kodi thread, but can't find it now.

Should I tweak anything to fix this issue? Thanks again.

Yes that little Chestnut!. Short answer i do not know how to fix it.
I have three Windows machines two i built myself and one Nuc. The Nuc will go to sleep by pressing the off button and will not wake up until button is pressed. However the other two machine will do as you described.
I have a work around that i use, hence why i forgot the issue and have not dug any deeper into it. In Windows power management settings i set the "Put the computer to sleep:" and "Turn off the display:" to 5 minutes.
Computer will automatically go to sleep after 5 minutes of no use and will wake when a button is pressed.
Would love to know the answer if you find it.

As far as I am aware from my own frustrations with sleep mode and Windows PCs, this relates to Ethernet activity on your PC's WIRED ethernet controller. If you have multiple network devices (PCs) and 'Wake-On-Lan' is enabled for the ethernet controller on your PC running Kodi, there's a fair chance that other systems on your local netwok will be querying your Kodi PC for information relating to the whereabouts of other network devices they may be trying to communicate / identify with (Network Discovery). Such data packets will be interpreted by the Kodi PC's ethernet controller as 'requiring attention' and thus wake the PC from sleep. Disabling 'Wake Events' (Via the BIOS or via driver properties) will not solve the issue. At least - that's been my experience thus far.

As far as I can tell, there's only two ways to stop this (seemingly random) behaviour:

1). Disable all 'Wake-On-Lan' functionality for the Kodi PC, either via the Ethernet controller Driver's 'Properties -> Advanced Settings' tab, or via the system's BIOS (If Supported).
2). Enable ErP / EuP Mode for that PC, which will completely power down both the PC (Sleep mode with <1W power usage) and ALL connected devices (including the ethernet controller) during sleep mode.

The disadvantage to option 2 is that not only will 'Wake-On-Lan' and 'Automatic Wake' functionality be disabled, but there's also a fair chance any connected USB devices will also be completely disabled, which includes the dongle for the remote control, meaning no power-on via power button on the remote.

Gib.
@dasco - I can't seem to get this working. I'm running Windows 10. Any ideas??

(2016-06-13, 01:59)dasco Wrote: Hi Jeffers24

I can confirm that the T3 remote mouse does not reactivate itself once turned off. (Unlike the similar looking MX3 remote)

What user were doing for the MX3 remote to overcome the mouse continually reactivating itself was to put the following code in their keymaps file in Kodi. What the code does is effectively turns the mouse off in Kodi but still allows the use of the left and right click (However this only works while in Kodi)

To do this open Notepad copy the below code into it and save it as an XML file. ie "Mouse.xml".
Then place the file into you Kodi keymaps folder inside the userdata folder.
In Windows it is located C:\Users\(Your Compute Name)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps. (Maybe different for other platforms)

I still use this code for the T3 as i have no need for a mouse pointer in Kodi but like the use of the left and right mouse buttons. I could just turn the mouse pointer off on the T3 by pressing the mouse On/Off Button and the pointer is permanently disabled. But once the mouse is turned off the "OK" Button becomes "Enter" instead of Left Click and the Return Arrow becomes "ESC" instead of Right Click.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<middleclick>noop</middleclick>
<doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
<doubleclick id="1">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="1">noop</longclick>

<wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
<wheelup>noop</wheelup>

<mousemove>noop</mousemove>

<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousedragstart>Select</mousedragstart>
<mousedragend>noop</mousedragend>

<mouserdrag>noop</mouserdrag>
<mouserdragstart>Back</mouserdragstart>
<mouserdragend>noop</mouserdragend>
</mouse>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<mouse>
<leftclick>OSD</leftclick>
<mousedragstart>OSD</mousedragstart>
</mouse>
</FullscreenVideo>

<Visualisation>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</Visualisation>

<SlideShow>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
<rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
<wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
<wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
</mouse>
</SlideShow>

</keymap>
(2017-04-24, 22:31)dickalan Wrote: @dasco - I can't seem to get this working. I'm running Windows 10. Any ideas??

(2016-06-13, 01:59)dasco Wrote: Hi Jeffers24

I can confirm that the T3 remote mouse does not reactivate itself once turned off. (Unlike the similar looking MX3 remote)

What user were doing for the MX3 remote to overcome the mouse continually reactivating itself was to put the following code in their keymaps file in Kodi. What the code does is effectively turns the mouse off in Kodi but still allows the use of the left and right click (However this only works while in Kodi)

To do this open Notepad copy the below code into it and save it as an XML file. ie "Mouse.xml".
Then place the file into you Kodi keymaps folder inside the userdata folder.
In Windows it is located C:\Users\(Your Compute Name)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps. (Maybe different for other platforms)

I still use this code for the T3 as i have no need for a mouse pointer in Kodi but like the use of the left and right mouse buttons. I could just turn the mouse pointer off on the T3 by pressing the mouse On/Off Button and the pointer is permanently disabled. But once the mouse is turned off the "OK" Button becomes "Enter" instead of Left Click and the Return Arrow becomes "ESC" instead of Right Click.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<middleclick>noop</middleclick>
<doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
<doubleclick id="1">noop</doubleclick>
<longclick id="1">noop</longclick>

<wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
<wheelup>noop</wheelup>

<mousemove>noop</mousemove>

<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousedragstart>Select</mousedragstart>
<mousedragend>noop</mousedragend>

<mouserdrag>noop</mouserdrag>
<mouserdragstart>Back</mouserdragstart>
<mouserdragend>noop</mouserdragend>
</mouse>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</FullscreenVideo>

<Visualisation>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</Visualisation>

<SlideShow>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
<rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
<wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
<wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
</mouse>
</SlideShow>

</keymap>

Hi dickalan,

here is a link to the mouse XML located on my google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BydCUe9...sp=sharing

I still use this XML file and it works on Windows 10 and Kodi.
Do you have the the "APP Store" version of Kodi. If so, i believe the Kodi/Keymaps folder is in a different location.

I did have an issue with the remote when i first ran Kodi 17.1 a lot of the functions would not work. I changed the skin to Confluence remote started working properly then i changed back to Estuary and the remote is working fine.
Yeah, this is so weird. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be:
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml

I downloaded mouse.xml directly from your google drive. I should note that I'm using the T3 with the microphone, so that could be the difference? I dunno, I'm kinda at a loss here.
(2017-04-25, 06:03)dickalan Wrote: Yeah, this is so weird. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be:
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml

I downloaded mouse.xml directly from your google drive. I should note that I'm using the T3 with the microphone, so that could be the difference? I dunno, I'm kinda at a loss here.

I have both versions of the remote, microphone and without. Both work for me.
Maybe a stupid question but have you accidentally pressed the TV button and put it into IR mode.
Hi dickaln,

Also have you activated the mouse and touch screen support within Kodi. System Settings/Input. If not turn it on.
Ha! Brilliant! Thank you so much. It was because I didn't have mouse and touchscreen support enabled in the UI. --After all, that's what I was trying to disable. It all makes sense now though, they would have to be enabled for the custom mouse.xml file to be read. Thanks for all your help and your contributions to the community!
(2017-04-25, 07:10)dickalan Wrote: Ha! Brilliant! Thank you so much. It was because I didn't have mouse and touchscreen support enabled in the UI. --After all, that's what I was trying to disable. It all makes sense now though, they would have to be enabled for the custom mouse.xml file to be read. Thanks for all your help and your contributions to the community!

Your welcome. Glad you got it sorted.
(2017-02-19, 18:51)bacsom Wrote: There is a fix for the KODI 17 bug. Linux systems identify T3 as a joystick.

For the fix you have to install the program here:
https://github.com/denilsonsa/udev-joystick-blacklist

Probably you also have to add your own remote to the end of the list here: /etc/udev/rules.d/ .

Thank you, wasted more hours than I care to admit trying to get it working. I knew the problem was that Kodi was detecting the T3 as a joystick, I just couldn't work out how to change it. Stumbled onto your solution after carefully reading through whole thread.
Regards,
RobBig Grin
(2017-03-17, 10:47)brian mx Wrote: To Dasco or anyone that could help
MX3 is poor in mouse pointer alignment and tracking, meaning in air mouse mode if you move the remote way out off the tv screen borders, when you come back the direction you point the remote to the screen isn't the same as the mouse pointer position on the screen. What you can do is to block the pointer and point remote to it and then unblock or move the remote to the opposite edge of the screen and after the pointer hits and gets stuck in tne edge continue with the remote movement till you got it aligned to the mouse pointer and move the remote back to the screen inside. That's the only calibration you can do

Someone mentions this problem also for the old mele 10 remote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbKQ1Y15KJ0

As we know the new version mele 10 deluxe, doesn't have this problem. It has some sort of auto calibration
As MX3 also has 6 axis gyro like mele 10 deluxe can this problem be solved by an algorithm, a script, anything?

Thank you
I would say T3 emulates a mouse, which is normally a relative device, if you move your mouse far away to one direction, the pointer will bump the screen edge, and when you start to get back the pointer will start to move instantly to the left, it won't wait for the mouse to get back to the original position.
I don't know whether the T3 is able to emulate absolute mouse mode, but I don't expect it to...
(2017-01-20, 00:25)julianmclean Wrote: Ok, bit of an update that may possibly help to contribute to getting the unrecognised keys on the T3 remote recognised in Linux.

Firstly, so far this has all been on my Openelec RPi2...

From reading on t'internet, I found I could use a tool called evtest to find out the scancodes for the buttons, but couldn't get this working on Openelec, so I migrated over to Libreelec and installed their system tools addon, which gave me evtest, and found me some more info on the buttons:

Code:
4 rectangles:
Event: time 1484862141.061309, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value 7008a
Event: time 1484862141.061309, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 92 (KEY_HENKAN), value 1
Internet Explorer
Event: time 1484862204.261669, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c008a
Event: time 1484862204.261669, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 150 (KEY_WWW), value 1
Zoom in:
Event: time 1484862205.813901, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c022d
Event: time 1484862205.813901, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 418 (KEY_ZOOMIN), value 1
Zoom out:
Event: time 1484862206.245953, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value c022e
Event: time 1484862206.245953, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 419 (KEY_ZOOMOUT), value 1
Recent/2 rectangles:
Event: time 1484862247.603470, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value 700bb
Event: time 1484862247.603470, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 240 (KEY_UNKNOWN), value 1

A bit more reading suggested I could drop a customer hwdb file so after finding (I think) the usb kernel modalias for the remote using:

Code:
udevadm info /dev/input/event0

..I created a hwdb file called "99-t3remote.hwdb" in ~/.config/hwdb.d/ directory:

Code:
# T3 Remote
keyboard:usb:v25A7p2402*
KEYBOARD_KEY_07008a=f8                                  # 4 Rectangles
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c008a=f9                                  # Internet Explorer
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c022d=f10                                 # Zoom In
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c022e=f11                                 # Zoom Out
KEYBOARD_KEY_0700bb=f12                                 # Recent

...which was an attempt to map the keys to something that I hoped Kodi would see - i.e. the F8 to F12 keys.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have worked and Kodi log still reports the same thing:

Code:
DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(92)

Anyone got any more experience/knowledge in this area and can say if I'm getting close?
  • Such keys are frequently "stolen" by the Window Manager. For example Gnome3 by default handles/swallows PlayPause, FastForward, Rewind, VolumeUp, VolumeDown, etc. You can de-assign these keys in the settings.
  • You should put EXACTLY one space in front of the KEYBOARD_KEY_xxxx entries.
  • Did you signaled udev that configs were changed?
    udevadm hwdb --update; udevadm trigger; udevadm control --reload
@dasco

This thread has been running for a while now, full of good information, keep it going

However, I need to buy a remote for my son, have you come across anything better that may be worth a look?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3