YouTube app issues.
I have this very annoying issue with the YouTube app on Kodi for Rasberry Pi 256MB Model B, I think?

Anyway

Issue 1: My issue is I can't do searches because every time I do get the error "The request could not be completed because you have exceeded" then the error disappears without finishing.

Issue 2: I get this problem where I have to sign out and sign back in again and forced to do the two code activation everytime. The whole "go to youtube.com/activate/" bug. It's very annoying and also I noticed that sometimes youtube will think I have multiple device access and app accesses and the really annoying part is that I have no idea how to go into my google account to delete extra entries for raspberry Pi.

Please someone help me get these two issues fixed so I don't have to keep dealing with this over and over again.

Thanks in advance
Josh.
Alright.

The message would tell you that the quota limit has been reached.
For the API you need api-keys. each set of keys allows for 50,000,000 requests a day.
After that you'r hitting a brick wall.
This happens because not only you use these keys, but thousands of other kodi users do to

Depending on the version you'r using (I'm talking about the youtube-addon here), you might be able
to configure your own keys meaning you'd have all those 50,000,000 requests to yourself.

Here's a guide I wrote some time ago you can follow to create those keys yourself:
Quote:
  1. Go to: https://console.developers.google.com
  2. Click Create a project... somewhere at the top right

1. choose a sensible name
    2. leave the rest as is (unless you know what you'r doing, than go for it)
    3. Click Create (now your project should be selected)
  3. In the blue card select Enable and manage APIs
  4. Find and select YouTube Data API

1. On the new page hit Enable (may take a while)
  5. On the list to the very left select Credentials
  6. Select the OAuth consent screen tab (yap that's needed for the OAuth stuff later on)

1. Fill all the necessary informations and hit Save
    2. You should be back to the Credentials tab (if not, go back there)
  7. Click the blue Create credentials drop-down

1. Select API key
    2. Choose Server key
    3. Choose a sensible name
    4. Select Create
    5. You'll be presented a API-Key which is the first part we need
  8. Click the blue Create credentials drop-down

1. Select OAuth client ID
    2. Choose Other
    4. Select Create
    5. You'll be presented a client ID and a client secret which is the last part we need

Good luck Wink
Please post in the official YouTube thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2299963

You will also find a simplified set of instructions for making personal keys on page 1 Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-06-07, 09:33)Tadly Wrote: Alright.

The message would tell you that the quota limit has been reached.
For the API you need api-keys. each set of keys allows for 50,000,000 requests a day.
After that you'r hitting a brick wall.
This happens because not only you use these keys, but thousands of other kodi users do to

Depending on the version you'r using (I'm talking about the youtube-addon here), you might be able
to configure your own keys meaning you'd have all those 50,000,000 requests to yourself.

Here's a guide I wrote some time ago you can follow to create those keys yourself:
Quote:
  1. Go to: https://console.developers.google.com
  2. Click Create a project... somewhere at the top right

1. choose a sensible name
    2. leave the rest as is (unless you know what you'r doing, than go for it)
    3. Click Create (now your project should be selected)
  3. In the blue card select Enable and manage APIs
  4. Find and select YouTube Data API

1. On the new page hit Enable (may take a while)
  5. On the list to the very left select Credentials
  6. Select the OAuth consent screen tab (yap that's needed for the OAuth stuff later on)

1. Fill all the necessary informations and hit Save
    2. You should be back to the Credentials tab (if not, go back there)
  7. Click the blue Create credentials drop-down

1. Select API key
    2. Choose Server key
    4. Select Create
    5. You'll be presented a API-Key which is the first part we need
  8. Click the blue Create credentials drop-down

1. Select OAuth client ID
    2. Choose Other
    4. Select Create
    5. You'll be presented a client ID and a client secret which is the last part we need

Good luck Wink

(2016-06-07, 10:48)jmh2002 Wrote: Please post in the official YouTube thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2299963

You will also find a simplified set of instructions for making personal keys on page 1 Smile

I tried the steps in the link and what was posted here but now I am getting a login failed error and I am confused as to which is my API Id and what my API Key is. Also which one is my API secret?
(2016-06-07, 10:48)jmh2002 Wrote: Please post in the official YouTube thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2299963
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Thread locked.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube app issues.0