Linux pvr stalker
hello

I am running Kodi 16.1 and Stalker PVR on Xubuntu Linux (ubuntu + xfce)

when I enable live tv in settings>tv my kodi crashes and closes immediately... this does not happen in windows or android

I have tried a fresh install of kodi with the pvr client not configured and it still crashes as soon as I start it.... any suggestions?
Yes of course I have a suggestion. debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you can provide what nickr suggested that would be helpful. I'll also check and see if the same happens to me.
*Link Removed
I'm not sure what the problem could be. The build from the kodi-pvr-stalker package force closes Kodi immediately, but when I compiled the same version from the git repo (static build) it works fine. There's no crash log or core dump from Kodi either.
Looking into this more I found the source of the problem.

Looking at the build log for the kodi-pvr-stalker package. There's a build setting (USE_LTO) that's ultimately causing undefined symbols. Thus crashes Kodi when the add-on is loaded.

It's too bad this wasn't caught early enough for Jarvis. I should of been checking the builds in the Ubuntu ppa.
interesting, sorry for taking so long to get back to you

is there anything I can do to patch this issue or do I just need to wait for it to be fixed? or can it be fixed? is it something I am doing?
The only immediate solution is to build the add-on yourself. You can try the following commands in terminal. This worked for me on Ubuntu. Afterwards just run Kodi, as it should be installed.

Code:
sudo apt-get purge kodi-pvr-stalker
sudo apt-get install git cmake

git clone -b Jarvis --depth 1 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

git clone -b Jarvis https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.stalker.git
cd pvr.stalker/
mkdir build && cd build/
cmake \
  -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.stalker \
  -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=`pwd`/../../ \
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/.kodi/addons/ \
  -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/project/cmake/addons/
make

Also, I think I'm gonna ask the ppa maintainer if it's possible to get the add-on rebuilt and updated in the repo.
thank you so much I got it working!!!!!!

really appreciate all the help thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr stalker1