Split Screen
Is there any plan for Kodi to support split screen in Android 6+ ?

One great thing about my media PC is to have Kodi in one corner of the screen playing TV while I surf the net at the same time.

I am now looking at going Android boxes throughout my house and they don't appear to have that function... yet... maybe not for a long time?

My S7 doesn't seem to show Emby as a compatible app for split view so assume it is not supported.
there are no plans to support this. Kodi is designed as standalone media center and that likely won't change. Also, why would one want to watch a movie in Kodi in portrait mode, or is there also a top/bottom split view?
I think it is only side to side. But I use a projector on this media box so split screen still gives a decent size image.

I'm not sure how the standalone media center is affected by being able to have split screen however.

On my Samsung tablet (or note phone perhaps) I think I had a way I could run any app in a window that I drew with the stylus. Maybe I look into seeing if that is possible.
Also, a future feature in Android N will be more of a freeform window rather than split screen as is on Android 6.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/03/t...ndow-mode/

Here's to hoping that Kodi can be made to allow split screen (even if not fully supported) as I believe it is a small amount of coding to allow it. But I am no programmer.

When Android N freeform is released then it will be even more useful for me,

I have found the xposed module XMultiWindow but I am not sure that has been supported since android 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Split Screen0