What's your favorite Skin for Music?
I'm curious as to what other Music-focused Kodi users are relying on as their go-to skin for playing and organizing their music. I've been a Kodi user for almost two years and using Aeon MQ since Version MQ5. It's very sleek, allows significant customization and displays a lot of nice artist/album/song info. MQ6 and MQ7 even have multiple ways to change your screen for listening.

To keep up with the latest version requires a fee (which I am no longer going to pay) and it's not without it's quirks. For whatever reason, the skin does not use the "I" info button to allow the user to toggle music data on and off. It also does not have a "time-out" for music data. It is always on. I have asked the developers about this more than once and get no response.

I DL'd Transparency! yesterday and like a lot about this skin as well, but it seems a little stale...? Fanart seems tougher to get arranged.

Thx.
Aeon MQ has the best (in my opnion) display to listem music.
Has a album cover, artist logo, name of the music, name of the algum, year of the album, music genre, shows next music with album art, shows the time of music, Khz, Kbps and Bits. Also display what format the file have (mp3, flac, ogg, etc)
Has a slideshow fanart, and lyric display and a spining cdart.
I second the AeonMQ skin for Music (as well as everything else).
currently using mq7, thirded
Since MQ5 I've been modding the Aeon MQ Musicvisualisation.xml file for Fullscreen viewing. For MQ7, I've tweaked the file only a tiny bit. On Layout 3, I've turned off the default cdart because I use a large plasma and worry about burn-in from that big, boring gray disc circling around. Only specific cdart.png files will show. I've also eliminated that silly notch in the album artwork. Lastly, I've turned off the default background so I don't see the circular grid pattern masking fanart.

Happy to share if anyone is interested.
Unsurprisingly, I have a certain fondness for Aeon MQ5 Smile and currently I am thinking about how best to show the new artist role info in the library, musicplaylist, and visualisation. Currently I use the musicplaylist quite a bit for playback (mainly the rightlist viewmode). But in this view other than some limited on-screen info you have to open the "info" popup to get things like you would see with the "artist slideshow" style in the vis window. An added complication is that the musicplaylist can be used to play musicvideos as well as songs (via "mixed" smart playlist) so I take that into account in how I display stuff.

scott s.
For me it is this mod of MQ6 ...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256841

...maybe I'm a little biased since I'm the modder Wink anyway you can have a look at the video just in case you happen to like it...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Aeon nox 5 for me.
Aeon Madnox for me, but I would say that Rofl

SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Aeon MQ6 with mods by Angelinas http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=247705 and a couple of little tweaks by me Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Using AeonMQ - Just love the darkness Smile
Madnox hands down! :p

(2016-06-12, 17:18)Mike_Doc Wrote: Aeon Madnox for me, but I would say that Rofl

I see 32bit MP3 on quite a few screen shots. Is that an error in Kodi because I don't know why someone would want to convert 16bit audio to 32bit (actually I suspect MP3 cannot contain 32bit audio)
(2016-06-12, 17:18)Mike_Doc Wrote: Aeon Madnox for me, but I would say that Rofl

I see 32bit MP3 on quite a few screen shots. Is that an error in Kodi because I don't know why someone would want to convert 16bit audio to 32bit (actually I suspect MP3 cannot contain 32bit audio)
I use Urfrider corki exclusively because of the AA animation. It's so smooth compared to other skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's your favorite Skin for Music?0