"high quality resampling"?
what does this do?
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
it uses "proper" software resampling from 44.1khz -> 48khz, since the xbox hardware does such a lousy job of it.
currently ssrc is used.

all 44.1khz gets this (non healthy) upsampling treatment, and by doing it ourselves, the quality loss is minimized.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

unless you're listening to a lot of lossless audio, you're unlikely to notice much difference. the artefacts introduced by mp3 encoding are far more noticable than upsampling losses.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i get chuppy playback of videos with that option turned on, on both video and audio..
yeah, it doesnt work properly when used for videos. use it for music only atm.

well it works, it's just the xbox cpu isn't powerful enough to upsample audio and decode a full motion video stream. Image

i'm not so sure of that, ppl report problem with mpeg1/2 clips, where's divx xvid (mpeg4) seems to work just fine.

logic suggest mpeg4 needs more resources for decoding than mpeg1/2

my divx clips skip like mad with hq resample...
also i believe the xbmc video code is more efficient for divx/xvid than mpeg streams.

i'm running the 2004-03-09 version and can't find this setting anywhere.. can someone enlighten me?

also, can the software upsampling be improved further? i play mostly uncompressed wav's and don't like the idea of pooer quality. but i guess i'm just fussy like that.
(fforacing @ april 15 2004,12:26 Wrote:i'm running the 2004-03-09 version and can't find this setting anywhere.. can someone enlighten me?

also, can the software upsampling be improved further? i play mostly uncompressed wav's and don't like the idea of pooer quality. but i guess i'm just fussy like that.
eh, 2004-03-09 is over one month old, this was added more recently Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"high quality resampling"?0