Howto Reserve Free Win 10 but Keep Using Win 7
After doing research on multiple Win10 PVR backends, I found every option (Argus, Emby, NPVR) comes a little short and I've decided to keep Win 7 (until I found the stable solution).

The issue is, as everyone knows, the free Win10 upgrade license deadline is approaching. I want to share that you can upgrade to Win 10 now and revert back to your Win 7 instantly. This will reserve your Win10 license so that you can upgrade (or clean install) to Win 10 later for free ($119 savings). Note that Win10 licenses are tied to the MB (no longer Win key based).

I've upgraded all other WIn7 PCs to Win10. But frankly, I don't see the benefit of Win10 atm. Am I missing anything?
Yes, linux ;-)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Also, can't you get wmc working in win 10 anyway these days?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Another way is to wait until windows 10 upgrades all on its ownsome without asking permission, give it a day or so to crash completely and then restore your windows 7 backup.
Worked for me.
The mdl wmc works fine in win10, some people still report headaches getting it installed properly but they have been improving this experience too. To answer @acegolfer's question though, the two machines I use most are my surface (win10) and my gaming/development machine win7. I personally have not found anything in win10 that would make me install it over win7 except the 'tablet' mode - which I use frequently on my surface. But for computers that aren't hibreds, or have touchscreens, I have not found the goodness in win10, as far as features go.

@acegolder, that's a nice tip about reserving the win10 license. Thanks for that.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Howto Reserve Free Win 10 but Keep Using Win 70