Home or Page Up function for S menu?
Hi, I am using a universal remote to control my home theatre system, including KODI. I want to write a macro to turn off the system, and putting the HTPC running KODI in suspension. In the Black Glass Nova skin, by pressing Home or Page Up in the menu triggered by pressing S, the first item on the drop down menu will be selected, allowing for a macro to select the Suspend alternative. In Aeon Nox it seems these keys do not function the same way, and when prressing S the last used alternative is highlighted, with no way of finding a 'fixed' starting point for a macro. Does anyone have a solution or suggestion of how I can go about this?

Best regards
Christopher
You are doing it wrong IMHO. Set a key to action Suspend and use that key in you're macro, as opposed to trying to follow menu options which may change. http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard.xml
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr, that sounds like a sensible way forward, my problem is that I am quite good at programming the remote, but bad at the KODI stuff. The keymapping opportunities seem very powerful, but are presently beyond my reach. So I guess for now I'll continue using Black Glass Nova, or maybe test some other skins.
(2016-06-11, 08:44)cgroth Wrote: Thanks nickr, that sounds like a sensible way forward, my problem is that I am quite good at programming the remote, but bad at the KODI stuff. The keymapping opportunities seem very powerful, but are presently beyond my reach. So I guess for now I'll continue using Black Glass Nova, or maybe test some other skins.

You may be able to use the Keymap Editor addon to set the mapping up

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, something like that sounds about my level.Smile I'll try, thanks for the tip!
The Keymap Editor add on worked brilliantly, thanks guys for pointing me in this direction!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home or Page Up function for S menu?0