Kodi update issue with using a mysql shared database
I have (had) 3 systems running Kodi 14, and decided to upgrade to the latest version (Jarvis 16.1). I read the wiki on how to do this, but when I start Kodi it does not see the database stored on my server. I copied over the "advancedsettings.xml" file to the userdata folder. I am using MySQL version 5.6 (version I have always used). I had two of the three systems powered off when upgrading to 16.1 on one system, as I understand that the same version of Kodi must be running on all systems.

So, when I start Kodi, I don't see the usual "Movies" area that I am used to. I looked at the kodi log, and I could see there were issues with the database. As I understand it, Kodi 14 used "MyVideos90" and 16 uses "MyVideos99"

Here is what I am seeing in the log:

Code:
NOTICE: Attempting to update the database MyVideos99 from version 90 to 99
14:49:56 T:12104   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1050)
                                            Query: CREATE TABLE actor_link(actor_id INT, media_id INT, media_type TEXT, role TEXT, cast_order INT) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
ERROR: Exception updating database MyVideos99 from version 90 to 99
ERROR: Error updating database MyVideos99 from version 90 to 99
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos98 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos98')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos97 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos97')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos96 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos96')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos95 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos95')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos94 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos94')
So, I uninstalled 16 and installed 15. Error log as follows:

Code:
Can't update database MyVideos93 from version 0 - it's too old
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos92 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos92')
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos91 [1049](Unknown database 'myvideos91')
NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 90 to 93
ERROR: SQL: Can't create database for copy: 'MyVideos90' (1007)
ERROR: Unable to copy old database MyVideos90 to new version MyVideos93

I am sure the issue I am having is related to the database(s). Any idea on what I need to do to get 16 installed?

Thanks in advance!
UPDATE: I got it working...per this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257335 I dropped the databases "myvideos93" and "myvideos99", restarted Kodi, and all is well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi update issue with using a mysql shared database0